Chapter 1.

If anyone searched for Ethan instead of In Stereo because they couldn't find any fanfics, I have one. It's called 'Torn'. I also promise that if you stick with this fanfic, it gets so much better. I'm so sorry, I cringe so hard at this and I'm still editing it.

Love is either a beautiful or terrifying thing, but what if you don't know it? What if you're too scared to take that first leap? All you need is that one person, that one person to help you off your starting block. But if it's them, you won't fall, because they'll catch you. That was Ethan and I, but we'll need to go back. Back to the start, years and years before the end. I fell in love with Ethan Karpathy, and this is my story.

•••

My name is Paisley. I live in Geelong, Victoria and I go to Saint Ignatius College in Drysdale. I'm a good student and when I grow up, I most want to be a doctor of some kind, like my mother. Well, she wants me to be, and I really want to get perfect grades to make that happen. Plus, it keeps my her happy, and thats the best thing around here. My dad died when I was 10. I am now 13 and living with mum. I don't really worry about guys. They are just a distraction from my school work and I don't want that to happen. I am in year eight and it just so happens to be the first day of term two at my school today.

"Paisley! Can you please come down here for a second?" My mum calls from downstairs.

"Be down in a second!" I call back. I quickly unwrap the towel that I had around me as I had just had a shower and throw on my school dress. I towel dry my hair and put on my black school shoes before running down the stairs to the living room where my mum is sitting on the couch with two other people: One middle aged woman and one rather good looking boy wearing a beanie. I was surprised to see that he was wearing the Saint Ignatius uniform because I had never seem him before.

"Paisley, meet Helen and Ethan. They have just moved in next door to us." My mum announces.

"Helen, Ethan, this is Paisley, my daughter." my mum introduces proudly. It's nice but also embarrassing when that happens.

"Hey," I smile. I take a quick glance at Ethan and see that he's staring at me. I locked eye contact with him for a little bit, just enough for me to notice those chocolate brown, heart melting eyes until I broke the eye contact. "That would me."

"Paisley, Ethan will be joining year eight today so I would like you to walk to school with him and help him get settled." mum tells me.

"Yeah, sure. Let me just do my hair and I'll be ready to go." I nod, turning around and starting to walk up the stairs.

"Wait, why don't you take Ethan with you and you can start to tell him about school?" mum asks. I smile at Ethan and nod. He smiles back a perfect smile, then stands up and quickly follows me up the stairs to my room.

"So, do you know what classes you have yet?" I ask, grabbing my brush and brushing a rather big knot out of my now semi dry hair.

"Well, today I have double music, double English and then double science." Ethan replies, sitting down on the bed.

"Woah, we have the same timetable today," I laugh. "Unless they're with different teachers."

"Hey, it's okay if you say no, but is it alright if I stick with you today?" He asks. "Until I find some friends."

"Yeah, sure. I can introduce you to my friends, and to some of the guys as well." I reply. I straighten my long brown hair and wrap a silver headband with little flowers around my forehead and around the back of my head. I try to clip it, but I couldn't see. I tried looking in the mirror, but I couldn't really reach.

"You want help with that?" Ethan asks with a smirk on his face.

"Umm.. yeah, thanks.." I trail off awkwardly. He walks over and as gently as a feather, he clips up my headband and runs his fingers through my hair, smoothing out the bumps. A weird sensation went through my body when he touched me. I had never felt it before.

"Thank you, we need to go to school." I announce as I walk out of my room with Ethan trailing behind me.

"Mum, were going now." I call as we walk out the door, shutting it behind us.

A/N: So I thought I would stop here because if I kept going, this chapter would be 8 pages long. Please follow my Instagram @instereo_ and @_tegan_marie.

So get following!!

Update: I'm taking this book through serious editing so it's ready when In Stereo are on X Factor.

Update: lmao idk what I was thinking because X factor starts tonight and it is definitely not ready.