Chapter 57.

PAISLEYS POV:

I wake up the next morning with a sore head and itchy eyes. I look around and realise I'm not home. Then everything came flooding back to me. I look at my phone and see a message from Chris.

Chris: Ethan wants to talk to you.

I suddenly get angry as I remember how he just left like that, remembering what he said to me.

Me: well I don't want to talk to him right now.

He replies straight away.

Chris: Well, come over and talk to me then. Ethan's going to Jye's this morning.

I hesitate but answer.

Me: okay.

I put my phone down and just sit there for a few minutes. I pick up my phone again and use the camera as a mirror. I look terrible, I lock my phone and continue staring into space. Holly walks into the room and sees that I'm awake.

"Oh, morning, Paisley. How are you feeling?" She asks.

"Terrible," I answer honestly. "I wish I'd never agreed to keep this secret."

"What do you want me to do?" She asks.

"Well, would you be able to drive me home? Chris says he needs to talk to me."

"Sure, but are you sure you want that?" Holly asks.

"Ethan won't be there." I say. She nods.

"Well, the bathroom is down the hall on the second left. Why don't you wash your face down, then I'll do your make up for you. I hope your clothes are okay to wear again." Holly offers. She's really sweet.

I walk down to the bathroom and I look around in amazement. It's huge, good thing too, because there's an entire shelf of make up and beauty products. I wash my face and then use a small amount of face cleanser that was sitting on the bench to get rid of all the mascara and eyeliner tear stains. Holly comes in and sits me up on the end of the bench. She dries my face off and gets to work. She applies liquid foundation, then brushes a tiny bit of powder on top. She applies eyelash thickening mascara which makes my eyes stand out heaps. She then draws a fine line of eyeliner along my eyelids. She's really good at this, I can't even tell I've been crying.

"Wow." I say.

"It's my job, honey. You get good at it after doing the same thing every day." Holly replies.

"We should go." She adds, breaking the silence since I didn't reply.

I walk back into the lounge room to get my phone and put on my shoes. I follow Holly out the front to her car and slide into the passenger seat. She gets in the drivers seat and backs out the driveway then onto the road towards my place. Although, I'm not sure it is my place anymore. I text Chris telling him that I'm on my way. He replies telling me that Ethan just left. We pull up out the front and holly turns to me.

"Call me if and when you need to be picked up." she says, smiling.

"I can just take the bus." I tell her. I don't want to bother her.

"Don't be silly. Just call me."

I shrug and step out the car, saying goodbye as I shut the door. I slowly walk up to the door. I knock and I hear movement right by the door. I guess Chris was waiting. He opens the door and I walk in.

"Paisley. I'm sorry." he says. He looks sad and guilty.

"Why..?"

"I don't think I got to him in time last night." he says quietly.