七 | Blurs

Naomi continued braiding her hair in a french ponytail, the bright and warm sunshines drifting among her hairs like some sort of magic as giggling could be heard by some girls outside, making the scene she was living seem like one of those 80's romance movies.

For once, it was unexpectedly warm too. One could easily see a day of August in between the still cold days of March and if they didn't believe it upon hearing the story they could easily be called fools.

She put on a piece of clothing to keep her equally cold against the intolerable hot atmosphere that afternoon she was going to head out, she never felt the need to be warm and especially not the given moment.

It was that one day of the week where she used to go for a little walk. Apart from the project she was assigned she didn't really remember the last time she made her way downtown with peace, emotionally restrained.

She just smiled, sipping her iced tea was always one of the best things to do. She continued walking, probably going back to the gallery for some new updates or just to eat something else than burnt meat, her mother's specialty.

Continuing her way, with the corner of her eye she spotted none other than Donghun, that making her immediately hide behind a tree, still trying to see what he was doing without being able to be seen, it was hide and seek all along, again.

It was truly awkward to see him after what happened and judging by how they exchanged about ten words per only texts the time that had passed made it more awkward.

They didn't hang out, heck, they didn't even seem to stumble on one another anymore and they just lived a block apart.

Was it that she broke his nose or the fact that they kissed, well, they both knew it was a mix of those two.

Naomi didn't even know how things went as far as them kissing for about half an hour in her own room when she, out of all people, was completely against that.

There was no such note as kiss your best friend and make everything bad between you two in her to-do-list.

She went as far as hating herself for it, she very well knew the reason things had to stay the way they were. She was so stupid, invading the one thing she herself tried to stay away from. She had said they were friends so why go out of her way and go kiss him like that, making things like that?

Everything needed to be a dream because,  she was definitely not ready for the consequences. It might've felt like it was not her fault because she wasn't the one provocatively teasing but still it was her fault, too.

How she could do that with her best friend was another thing since she was quite sure she would do the exact same thing when given a similar situation with any person but him.

She would kiss anyone like that but she just didn't want to kiss Donghun that way.

He wasn't special but at the same time he actually was.

He was her best friend. How on earth could she kiss her best friend out of nowhere, no excuse, no motive, no nothing.

It was a complete mystery how it started.

Maybe it was the hormones because she always tended to be quite expressive on the fourteenth day of her cycle. It was as if she was driven by lust and the look on his eyes did certainly not help.

Could it be her curiosity again? Yeah, she did kiss him in the past but that was years ago and people quite changed, especially him.

Thinking about it, she did notice slight changes because this time he moved his lips too and they seemed much softer against her, like feathers and the way he moved them was, in fact, addicting, impossible for her to stop.