Chapter Six

Shock flashed through my body, freezing me in place. I wasn't able to push him away or though I am ashamed to admit it, pull him closer and return the kiss. My body slowly pulled itself out of the shocked state it was in but before I had a chance to enjoy being kissed by Lucas, he pulled away. His eyes flashed down at me and he had a knowing smirk on his face. That right there was enough to freeze the heat rushing through my body. It was like a bucket of ice cold water was just dumped over me.

I pushed Lucas off me and sprang up so I was standing over him. I glared down at him and his smirk grew even bigger. "What the hell was that?" I yelled down at him, as I wiped my lips. He just rolled his eyes and got up, dusting himself off. "That was me staking my claim. You're mine!" He said towering over me. I glared up at him. "Last time I checked, I didn't belong to you a**hole!" I growled up at him. "Yeah? Then what was yesterday? We were up for hours yesterday and you sure know how to look after a guy." He said with a small groan. I heard the crowd that was gathering around us gasp in surprise. He's tricking everyone into thinking I had sex with him!

Don't you dare blush Veronica!

Too late. I could already feel my face getting hot and I wanted to punch myself for falling into that trap. I glared at him harder and he gave me a secret smile. "Come on baby, don't you remember screaming my name all night long?" He goaded teasingly. He was playing the crowd again. I had been screaming his name all night long but it sure as hell wasn't in pleasure, like he's making it out to be. "The only thing I remember is you lasting about 2 minutes." I said with an evil grin. I wasn't wrong either, he did only last two minutes. Just not in the way these people were thinking. Every time we got into a fight he gave up pretty much straight away.

Lucas glared down at me and I gave him a big innocent smile. "What's wrong baby?" I sneered at him. "Oh? You didn't want everyone to know your not very long... oops I mean last very long." I said with the sweetest voice and smile I had. Lucas turned a slight pink but that was the only indication that I was getting to him. His body stayed calm and he didn't tense up like I expected him to. I glared up at him and his body relaxed some more.

"Bae, don't be like this." He whispered with what sounded like actual sadness in his voice. I blinked in surprise and watched as hurt slowly filled his eyes. His whole body dropped and he turned his head away, not wanting to meet my eyes. "Are you being like this because of all those times I teased you? V, babe? I told you last night I was really sorry about that. You know I only teased you because I was embarrassed about what the guys would say but I don't care anymore. I mean, you believe me right? Don't you V?" He begged quietly.

His hurt filled eyes meet mine and once again I was frozen with shock. It's the first time he's actually ever called me something besides little piggy and that along with what he said froze me in place. The words I wanted to say got caught in my throat and took everything I had not to choke on them. It wasn't until I felt a presence move next to me that I snapped out of it.

I snapped my head to my right and saw Ryder gathering up his things to leave. My heart clenched with pain and before I knew it, I was standing in front of him and shaking my head furiously. He gave me a sad smile and cupped my face with his huge hand. I leaned into his hand, sadness filling my eyes. He just looked at me for second as if memorizing my face before turning around and walking away.

I was about to go after him when an arm wrapped itself around my shoulders. I struggled to get out from under it but they just held me tighter. No! I can't lose Ryder! I just meet him but he's the first real friend I've ever had! "It's ok babe, I got you now." Lucas said with fake warmth in his voice. I didn't turn to look at him. I just kept my eyes on Ryder's retreating back, hoping he would turn around and see the hurt in my eyes. But he never did.