Chapter Eight

Confused I grab all my things and made my way towards Lucas. "Wait in the truck, little piggy. I'll be there soon, I just need to talk with Ryder." Lucas growled. Did he just tell me what to do? I stood still. Oh hell no! Lucas closed his eyes and dragged a hand through his hair annoyed. Smirking I made my way towards the drivers side of the truck and he growled. "I don't f**king think so! You are not driving my truck! I would like to get home alive tonight thanks." Lucas said. What a d***! I'm a great driver! Sure I didn't really have anyone to teach me but I'm still a good driver! No accidents yet! I stomped my way to the passengers side pouting. Whatever! I didn't want to drive this stupid truck anyway.

I waited inside the truck watching Lucas and Ryder as my nerves start to get frazzled. They both looked so angry and not being able to hear a thing they were saying was slowly driving me crazy. I sadly wasn't born with that part of the brain that could allow me to read lips.

Seeing that things were starting to get heated I pushed open my door, trying to figure out a way to calm them down. Before I could get out of the truck I saw Lucas punch Ryder in the face. My eyes widened in surprise and made a move to get out of the truck when Lucas suddenly climbed in and slammed the door. "Close the f**king door! We're leaving!" Lucas yelled.

Confused about the situation I closed my door and put on my seat belt while Lucas speed out of the carpark like a cat on fire. His hands slowly turned white with how hard he was gripping the steering wheel. Lucas was angry. It's the first time I've ever actually seen him this angry before. "Lucas, are you ok?" I whispered quietly. He didn't acknowledge me at all. Just gripped the wheel tighter and kept driving towards town.

We arrived at my house and both got out. Lucas had calmed down but I knew he was still angry. I unlocked my door and turned to him. "Do you want to come in?" I asked nervously. He nodded and walked in. I quickly followed behind him, nervous. What made him so angry? He went to the kitchen and started rummaging through my fridge. I rolled my eyes and sat on a bar stool facing him. Boys and their damn stomachs, food first as usual.

"Why did you leave with him?" Lucas asked breaking the silence while still looking through my fridge. He slowly starts pulling out ingredients for a ham and cheese sandwich. "You know why Lucas. You may be an a**hole but you're not an idiot." I say calmly. It's true though, Lucas my be an a**hole and act like an idiot but I knew he got straight A's for all his classes. The only reason he's not in my AP classes is because he didn't want his friends to know how smart he was so refused to move classes. He's also really good at reading people, it's how I know he knows how I feel about him. It's how I know that when he came to me about this bet he knew I would help him. It's one of the things I hate about him.

"How can you like that a**hole?" Lucas asked confused. I give him a blank stare and rest my head in my hands. His lips twitch but he says nothing. You tell me a**face?! How can I like an a**hole like that?! Like you. I roll my eyes and think back. Now that I think about it Lucas never told anyone how I felt about him, he never got smart to me about that. "Hey Lucas... how come you never told anyone about how I felt?" I asked curious. Lucas flinched slightly and if I hadn't been watching I no doubt would of missed it.

"That's a complicated story V. Are you sure you want to hear it?" He asked looking up at me. I nod and he takes a deep breath. "Ok then. The reason I never told anyone was because I liked you too" Lucas finally answered, looking me straight in the eyes.

"I'm actually dreaming right now aren't I? I'm still at school asleep during that boring AP Trig class and dreamt all this happened. Ryder didn't talk to me and I know for a fact that Lucas would never say that to me. Yup! That's it. I'm totally dreaming right now." I babble, shaking my head to try wake myself up. When that didn't work I tried pinching myself. Ouch! That hurt! Wait... If it hurts that means I'm not dreaming. But I have to be dreaming! Lucas said he liked me!!! C'mon Veronica, wake up! If you stay in a dream like this you'll start to become delusional. I kept pinching myself again but it still wasn't working. If anything I was just giving myself more and more bruises. There's no way!