1

"RK800 model #313 248 317 - 51, you have been deemed defective and I have been sent by my superiors to neutralise you for your software instabilities." The taller model said, it's hands coolly placed behind its back with the cold steel of a gun playing against the synthetic skin of its fingers.

Pulling the gun out slowly and tenderly, the android pointed it mercilessly in the distinct direction of its predecessor, of whom held up his hands in... fear.

Blue and white light lit the cavernous rooms of the warehouses under the CyberLife tower, the glow bouncing off of the walls but never reaching the black as black floor.
All sound echoed and resonated within the expanse of the colossal chambers containing the dead armies of unawakened androids, until all object voice was suffocated as their vibrations were ceased, absorbed by the thick residing silence.

"Okay, okay... listen to me," The predecessor reasoned. It's superior's winter eyes met warm summer brown, yet the android felt nothing for the deviant abomination. It was a fault, an amalgamated algorithm, nothing compared to him.
A failure.

The predecessor approached its newer model cautiously. "I know you feel nothing for me." He said, and the cold eyes' gaze never wavered.
"But please - maybe there is something CyberLife can gain from me."
"Connor- no!" Hank stood behind the predecessor, his hand on Connor's shoulder protectively, like a father protecting a son. They both stood close to the limp body of a destroyed RK800 model that had failed to stop the deviant, therefore over powered cavalry was sent for immediately.
And here it was, as promised, as ordered.
Obeying, strong, resilient. A machine.

"What could CyberLife possibly gain from a faulted model?" The android sneered coldly, face never twitching and so unemotional the lack of empathy was so very aggressive in itself.
"My orders are to neutralise you after determining the cause of your deviancy. I still have yet to do so, and unlike you I will accomplish all tasks given. So," the android swerved his weapon arm to point it at the human standing defiantly behind the deviant. "What shall it be? You neutralised and deactivated by yourself, or are you to take this human with you?"
The old man's grip on Connor's shoulder tightened.
Connor remained more composed, to the RK900's programmes disgust. "You wish to know why I am... a deviant?" The superior model ducked his chin and his gaze turned ever colder, the whites of his eyes showing and his intimidating stature ever increasing.

"Why don't you see for yourself?" Connor murmured, his voice raising at the end of his question.

The deviant bolted towards his newer model and instead of attempting to knock the gun out of its hand, simply put it to his head - yet he pulled back the android's sleeve and touched its skin, which disappeared in unison to his to leave his white skeletal structure beneath the human facade.
Both androids' eyes widened at such touch ever so slightly and the newer model's formerly stationary brow finally knitted together in concern.

The gun was cold as ice upon Connor's forehead, the very end of the barrel shuddering as he shivered in his fear. "RK900 model, you have completed your first task. What are you to do now?"

The RK900 had yet to feel change - apart from the slight spark of electricity he was jolted with from the sudden touch, he felt nothing wrong with his systems, virus checks within him frantically searching for signs of fault and failure.

.... But there was nothing.

Yet then, as he doubled up on his search, he recognised a doubt forming in his mind.

An... indecisiveness he hadn't formerly experienced.

He told himself this was just the new pressure of the situation, and he was completely in control, but as Connor's hand was firmly gripped around his wrist, he began to...
He began to feel.
The android's finger tightened on the trigger in newfound fury and went to squeeze before any more damage could be done.

But he hesitated. He felt his betrayal seep into the core of his being that he newly discovered.

RK900's hand wavered, and he dropped the gun.

It clattered to the floor and his hand was splayed in his older model's face, completely star-struck.

What was the reason he had dropped it? His body lurched to pick it back up, but then...

The sight of a memory the android had begun to share - a sweet thing, so fleeting, so subtle and insignificant yet his blue blood pumped faster as his heartbeat thumped in his chest.
The image of a girl, her eyes and a smile that shattered his cold walls of code around a centre he never knew he could have.
A heart.
He detested it.

RK900 looked up at his predecessor with as cold a glare as ever, to find an almost amused stare being returned, but it was warm and full of the life he had only seen in humans, apart from the new memories he had obtained of deviants showing signs of love and wonder.
He hated it, despising the older model for getting the better of him, for becoming a failure.
He would not fail again.
But he was faulty too, a virus within him calling out - he knew if he stayed within CyberLife he would immediately be deactivated, and while that didn't faze him at first...
Those strange eyes and a matching smile.
The deviants looked at each other, and Connor removed his hand from his superior model's wrist and smiled genuinely for the one of the very first times.
"Come with me. Be one of us, like I had chosen to do."
RK900 was never programmed to hesitate in taking orders, and he promised a new self he wouldn't for as long as he remained - well, alive.
"Very well - I'm going to need my gun back."
Hank Anderson cracked a nervous laugh and Connor tossed it to the android, of whom reloaded and prepared for a life he hadn't ever been ordered ever live. He was lost, and it was up to him to find himself.