4

You stand awkwardly before Fowler's desk in between two tree like figures.

"My former connection to CyberLife and their program had seemed to be cut off at the contact Connor gave me during our conversation under the main function tower." The RK900 explained. "Therefore, I am no longer deterred from completing certain tasks. I made the decision not to stay within the CyberLife network in order to achieve my full potential as an effective machine."
You hum, rocking back on your heels, sussing out the confident denial that was the tall android's posture and aura. Usually, big guys didn't scare you in the slightest, but the eerily calm nature of the android to your right made your hands twitch at their sides and your anxious jokes line up by the mile in your mind.
"I chose to be taken on by this department due to my predecessor's success within it, but also because it has control of the basis network of departments across the country. It would be the most effective place for a model like myself - and my brother model - to work within."

"I understand that, and I accept your proposition. Your contribution to the team would be great, therefore I have made the decision to partner you with the person most adapted to your functions. You have met Captain Y/N?"
The android looked down upon you with a withering gaze, but you stared back, undeterred. "I fell over him in the corridor, so yes." You said nonchalantly, but a very slow and cautious grin played upon your face as you never broke eye contact with the winter-eyed android.

Fowler sighed and pinched his nose, murmuring,"Why... why am I not surprised."

"She is the most suitable? From what I have inferred she is quite the bumbling, clumsy individual and at times has the ability to choose the most unwise of options." His eyes were cold and he seemed to stare into your soul, and he must have spotted the bible of jokes and humour behind them , as his mouth tightened into a thin line.
"That's called being human." You make the point, and the android sneered ever so slightly. Machine, your ass.
Connor chimed in. "Captain Y/N is one of the most laid back, curious characters, able to handle the most pressuring situations and is easily adaptable, like yourself. She will look after you."
"I do not need looking after. I am a machine built to accomplish a task, I do not have the emotional tendencies of a human being."
"Not yet, you don't." You wink. "Besides, even objects need looking after. They age and wear, and it takes the right person to look after them. Even if it is a bumbling idiot with only 14 years in the service like myself." You raise your eyebrows at him, but he glared down at you like a king would sneer at a ballsy peasant.
"I am programmed to complete my missions without fail, and although the Captain would be an added challenge to work with, I will honour your time working here and your accomplished statement."
You nod your thanks, and break your eye contact to look to Connor with a cheerful grin, which he returned, summer brown eyes shimmering.

"Sounds good to me - he'll do." You shrug at the man behind the desk. Fowler, yet again, sighed.

Then, your body turns back to the taller android and your whole world narrows down to your first conversation with your new partner.

"So... what can I call you?" You ask the android, craning your neck to look him in the eyes.
"RK900."
You roll your eyes sardonically at his coy face. "You don't have a set name?"
"I never had the chance at to be given one at CyberLife, no. And," By seeing your facial expression, he followed with," Neither do I want one."
You sigh. "Too bad, I have great name suggestions. I could call you Barry or something."
"Absolutely not." He snapped. You cracked a smile under the pressure and grinned at him. "Fine, Nines, have it your way. You didn't say I couldn't call you nicknames, though, therefore you'll be whatever is most suitable."
He turned his head back to the bored Captain behind the desk, who then took his cue to continue the brief. "You will also be staying at Y/N's apartment for the time being, like Connor, here, is staying at Lieutenant Anderson's."

Your eyes fly wide instantly and are instantly on the defence. "Wait- what? Are you serious? You couldn't find him a hotel room or something?"
"The hotels and apartment blocks we've researched do not accept individual androids. They must be accompanied by a human being - the ban is yet to be lifted on most social spaces. He cannot be  seen without you unless with a very good reason."

"I could sneak up to the 20th floor of a hotel every morning and say 'hi, how are you?' to the front desk every time. Any time Robocop here would want to go out somewhere he could just stare people down more than he already does - and I can tell he does it - if they question him, so why not?"
"You're willing to heist into a crap hotel every single morning for however long you are assigned to this android? Instead of having him in your own home?"
You ponder.

"Well, I mean, I do need the exercise, and a hobby, as a matter of fact-"

"No, Captain, and I know you'd do it if you could, and I also know you could pull it off, which is why I'm saying no. This meeting is over. Get back to work, all of you. A new case just came in of a man who murdered a woman in the back alleys of that sex club downtown. Go check it out, it will get the RK900 used to your company."
You huff, shoving your hands deep inside your pockets, taking a sudden interest in your shoes as you reluctantly walked out of the room. "Fine, but you're on the couch, big guy."
"I do not need to sleep." He stated.
You chuckled under your breath. "When I'm finished with you, you will."