3

You carried your files and waited at your desk for any sighting of either Connor, Hank or Gavin Reed, your closest workmates apart from your operations squadron that had currently taken their breaks off. You, however, decided to save your holiday time to whenever it suited you - besides, you loved your job, working in all areas of policing, sometimes paying visit to the forensic teams who tested a lot of the evidence you brought in, etcetera.
You noticed Fowler regretting his career decisions inside his office, and then realised not many workers were in this morning. You eyed all of the entrances and pride swelled in your chest as you marched around the occupied desks, talking to officers up early and awake and ready for the day.

"E-Excuse me, Captain Y/N?" A female officer enquiries after you. She looked new and shy, reluctantly dragging her feet as she walked and her eyes dropping to her shoes in embarrassment. "I-I just wanted to ask... firstly, how is your morning?" She blushes at you. In pleasant surprise, you scratch the back of your head at the girl and laugh. "Oh, my morning is going well, thank you so much! How is yours, Miss...?"
"Abbie, Abbie Morreti, Captain. And... good, thank you. Could you point me in the direction of Captain Fowler's office?" The girl had raven hair and sun-kissed skin, matched with stunning green eyes as bright and piercing as the taste of citrus, with light freckles dusting her cheeks and the bridge of her nose. "Of course, he's the guy bent over his fancy desk over there in the glass office."
Her eyes raise to the direction your slender finger points and a shy smile tugged at the corners of her mouth.
"Thank you so much." She praises and hurries off in his direction.

You shove your hands into the pockets of your dark uniform, your badge glowing blue as the light pouring in from the windows caught it in your movement, hopping from foot to foot.
Finally, you hear a more familiar voice.
"Hey Y/N, you seen Connor this morning?" Hank greets.
"Good morning to you too, Hank. But nah, I haven't seen him. Was actually waiting for you guys." He sauntered over to you and crossed his arms impatiently, tutting and rocking on his heels. The six foot two man dwarfed the girl you had just met - Abbie, her name - who you estimated to be around 5"2 and slim, unlike your good friend. However, what you had noticed, as her sleeves were pulled up to the elbow she showed a rather surprising amount of muscle mass upon her slender figure, so she could, if she so wanted, most likely beat the man in a fight. She looked built for agility, whilst Hank was mainly built for... well, alcohol.
You grinned to yourself and began fiddling with the key rings you had looked on the uniform.

"Do you always have to do that?" Hank questioned lowly.
You nodded vigorously. "Yeah. Helps me think."
"That's what a high-schooler does when they're bored and planning a form of humiliation upon either a teacher or unsuspecting nerd." Gaze turning sly and grin turning to smirk, he realises he may have spoken too much. "Don't you fuckin' dare pull one on me, Y/N L/N. I ain't got the patience."
"Maybe I'll try to pull one on Connor, then."
"Yeah, you do that."

Sighing, you pick up your feet and start moving to Hank's desk, then to Fowler's office, where Abbie was still being briefed. "Captain?" You poke your head into the room. "Sorry to interrupt, but have you seen my buddy Connor anywhere?"
"No, however, he's supposed to be arriving with the RK900 soon. He isn't here yet, obviously, but his orders were to come straight to me for the new android's briefing. I'd like you to be here for that, too, if you wouldn't so mind."
"Of course I wouldn't, he's to be my new partner, and thanks. I'll wait until you've finished and when they've turned up send someone for me, that alright?"
"Yeah, yeah. Sure, go."
You flash a quick reassuring smile in the new officer's direction and leave, pulling up to Hank's desk and flicking the back of his neck, causing him to jump and curse you lowly.
You swagger happily towards the most populated area of the entire department - the coffee machine, where zombie-like cops snored up to the device every morning and poured the strongest coffee the settings would allow.
You spot Gavin as one of the regular, hardly animated corpses and walk over. "How's it goin', Reed?"
He grunts at you, and that's the only response you get. "Oh, not speaking this morning, are we?" You muse, playfully punching him on the shoulder. "C'mon. At least greet me."
"Fuckin' fine. Hi, Y/N."
"Captain, to you, if you're gonna be an asshole."
"I'm always an asshole."
"No excuse."
He grumbles, making you smile slightly. "You're too easy, Gav. Short-fused bastard. Maybe this will get your attention."
You snag one of the free doughnuts a friendly officer was handing out, and after thanking him, proceed to smash the custard filled treat into his face, smearing it all over.
"Y/N... you have 5 fucking seconds to run before I get my coffee and come after you."
"Challenge accepted. Catch me if you can, idiot." You dodge his grasp easily, then dart across the department unnoticed.
However, you make the mistake of not looking left and right before crossing part of the corridor and unfortunately barrel into the unsuspecting pair who are walking down.
In addition to that, you don't expect the man you crash into to not go down with your weight and you slam individually onto the floor with a heavy thud. As soon as you hit the ground, you recognise Connor leaning over you. "Are you okay, Y/N?!" He panics. "Yeah, yeah I'm fine." You wave him away, and then you notice the figure next to him.

Your gaze travels up from the figure's shoes and slowly to his broad jacket, only to find his eyes a steely winter grey and staring back, dark brow furrowed and motionless and face being that of a sullen beauty, setting off millions of nervous butterflies in your stomach, wings never pausing flutter as you held his gaze.
You gasp slightly, and he cocks his head, only a slight movement. The collar on his pristine black and white jacket was intimidating. "Uh, hey." You greet with a slightly anxious tone slipping into your voice, figure still splayed out over the floor like a cracked egg a cook mistakenly dropped in a clumsy rage, your face, however, still sunny although your back hurt from the impact. The android kept staring at you, no emotion showing on his stoical face. Connor offered you his hand up, and you gladly took it, grinning gratefully up at him. You were about as tall as Reed, if not ever so slightly taller, but you were belittled by their incredible posture and height.
The android's stare still haunted your face although your eyes merely ghosted over his, as you had to angle your face in order to properly look up at him.
"Captain, if you wouldn't mind accompanying us to Captain Fowler's office?"
You peered around Connor to see Gavin making his way angrily in your direction, not seeing you, and you quickly ducked behind your two accompanying figures and nodded cheerfully at them both. "Ah ha. Yeah, good idea. Just creamed Reed with a free custard doughnut from the canteen and now he's pissed at me - sorry 'bout running into ya, had to get outta his grasp quickly - so if you both could block his view of me that would be preferable." You exclaim, throwing up your hands innocently. The RK900 whipped his head around and analysed the situation, then ensued to stand in front of you like a flesh wall. You beamed up at him, and although his face showed no emotional response to your request, you sensed a form of subtle satisfaction from the Android - and all the while Connor seemed to glow with pride.