2

You stated mouth agape at Connor. "So... you're telling me, that you managed to turn another supercomputer, the newest model developed in the history of CyberLife, deviant?! Straight away?!"
"Yes,Miss Y/N. It was my theory that some form in CyberLife had specifically programmed this to happen, orchestrated our deviancy to play into a bigger plot, a bigger picture."
You smile at the deviant. "Awesome. Calls for a coffee. Hey Anderson, want one?"
"God, is that all you drink?"
"Unless you're hiding whiskey under your desk, it sure is. Oh, hey, Reed."
Gavin sauntered over, sneering at the android. "Who invited tin-can?"
Both you and Hank's hands both raise. Gavin scoffs.
"Really?"
"Yes." You stand from where you were perched next to Hank's desk. "So Connor, what's going on with this new model? Where is he going to go?- he is obviously built for detective work - well, I mean, kind of."
"Yes, he's more of a... neutraliser, than a negotiator like myself, for example. He would be tasked more in your work force area, like Captain Allen - one of the first agents I ever worked with."
You pursed your lips in wonder. "That's amazing. Is he being assigned to anyone? Oh - is he coming here?" You press.
To your delight, Hank chimes in. "Christ, that thing is fucking terrifying. It's taller than Connor and its eyes are like that of a damn zombie.-"
"What colour?"
Hank gives you a sarcastic look. "Does it really matter?"
You place your hands on your hips and mouth 'duh'. He frowns at you and you beam back at him like a sardonic ray of sunshine.
"Fine, they're this spooky sort of grey. Also, he is being assigned here - Connor pestered me to ask Fowler if he could be assigned a partner either here or, well... some other department."
"Cool." You say. "Well then, I'm going to go get that coffee. Hank, Gavin, you want one?" Hank snorts and Gavin waves you away. "Alright then, tough crowd today in the office, huh?"

You saunter away. You were one of the only cops to really wear your uniform most days because of your active role in police work. You dealt with the more heinous crimes and were more of a bounty hunter than a detective or officer.
You made your way to the seemingly gathered kitchen and fiddled with the keychains you had attached to your uniform, not looking where you were really going, pouring the coffee and making sure to steal some of the other officers' cookies from the designated jar, quickly stuffing them in your mouth to avoid being spotted.
Making your way back over to the desks, you saw Gavin still on break but Hank and Connor had been called into Fowler's office for some reason.

"Why are the guys in there?" You ask him, putting a hand over your mouth as you were still chewing. Gavin sneered at you. "Why should I know? The old man and tin-can over there hardly have a nice word when I'm around anyways."
You raise your brows at him. "Oh, and I wonder why." Gavin turns up his nose. "Oh, come on - it ain't like they give me a nice thing to comment on."
"And you do, Mr. Perfect?"
"Of course."
"You're lucky I still tolerate you."
"Yeah, I know, I don't know why you try." Gavin murmurs to himself. You take a loud sip from your coffee and pay him on the back. "It's okay Gavin. You probably need a massage. I got a guy-"
"I'm not gay, Y/N, how many fucking times do I have to tell you-"
"Okay, okay!" You laugh. The bad mannered detective pouts at you and his hands ball into fists, but you know well he wouldn't ever want to hit you - probably because of the added reason he wouldn't get very far anyway without you breaking at least one of his limbs by accident. You didn't ever hold back when it came to a fight, unfortunately for every opponent you've ever faced.
Fowler got up from his seat, and walked over to the door. "Captain Y/N? You're needed."
You take another sip of your coffee and bid Gavin goodbye with another raise of your fine eyebrows in his direction, then proceed to saunter up the steps and into the office. "What's up, Jeffery?"
Captain Fowler takes a deep breath. "You are one of the most respectable cops I've ever worked with, Captain."
"That's saying a lot, dude."
"Shut up!" Fowler grumbles, and you slip back into formality. "Yes, sorry, sir."
"Hank and Connor notified me of the presence of the detective model RK900 at the beginning of this week. According to our reports it has been only seen and interacted with by Connor, and until he secures this place that's how it will remain."
"I'm sorry - what is this?" You laugh and ask. Hank rocks on his heels and Connor stands up straight, then directly says," Captain Fowler suggests that you may be the most suitable person to take on the new model and have it act as your partner."
"Wait." You hold up your hand for him to pause, removing the other one from the holster it had unconsciously been resting on. "So what you're saying is... I'm babysitting the new model? That was designed to kill deviants?"
"And keep him in order, correct. Gain his trust and he will follow your every order unless he deems it inappropriate of the situation." Connor states, and your face falls in shock.
The room was thick with a form silence that seemed to soak up all sound and suffocate it.
"So... it would be like Hank and Connor's partnership, but me and this other supercomputer?"
"Upgraded, yes. He is definitely more stubborn."
"And you think I'm responsible enough to do this?" You laugh.

Fowler rubs his temples. "Everyone else has their hands full with the riots and the common cases that pour in every day." He pauses. Hank interjects. "It was either you or Reed - so what's it gonna be?"

Your posture straightens. "I'll take him."
Fowler sighs.
"God knows what Gavin would use him for anyway. Probably that massage I told him about getting - the guy needs to loosen up in, like, every way possible." You wink.
Fowler gave you a very confused look, and Hank groaned at your dry humour. Connor just seemed to smile: he tended to be doing that quite frequently recently, and it made your heart warm in platonic protectiveness of the seeming cinnamon roll. Everyone knew he was far from that, but he did seem it from a lasting glance.

You meet everyone back outside Fowler's office at Hank's desk yet again, which seemed every day to attract more enquiringly officers due to Connor's happy presence. Gavin had gone to piss off someone else when you conversed with Connor.

"So, I really get to help him?"
Connor nods cheerfully. You smile. "Good. I remember when you were the coldest thing ever - I could touch you and my finger would fall off because, ya know, very frosty."
He shakes his head and laughs. He really had this deviant thing down, now, and you were so proud of him.
"Oh, you haven't seen anything yet, Captain. I really hope you can help him. He's arriving here tomorrow morning."
"Tomorrow?!"
"Yes, I'm sure you'll get along... fine." He hesitated in saying. You gave him a questioning look at the disinclination in his tone.
What had you got yourself into now?