5

"Hey buddy, can you tell who she was?" You crouch beside he murder victim, a team of officers and forensic workers scurrying in and around you. The poor woman's face was smeared with blood and disfigured by the inflictions of the brutal attack.

"Her name was Paula Gerry, 29 years old. No criminal record, but had been known to involuntarily hang around unethical crowds due to her profession and the company she worked at - 'Bill's Ink.' She was a tattoo artist."

The gash was remarkable; whoever had stabbed the poor girl had meant it.
Badly.

"Think she had an unhappy customer?" Your face showed no emotion despite the horror of the situation. With a gloved hand you caught a wisp of her honey-golden hair, untouched by the carnage wreaked from her hairline to the corner of a mouth and pushed it gently behind her ear, her soft skin unnaturally cold to the touch.
"Give me a run down of her wounds." You ask the android solemnly. The RK900 stood stock still behind your crouched figure, taking in information, analysing both your ethic and the victim.
"5 stab wounds, first inflicted in the abdomen, then a slash to her hand - a sign she tried to fight back, there was a struggle - her thigh, her left shoulder and then... her face."
"Right... which was the blow that killed her?" You stared at her one undamaged eye which was clouded of a cornflower blue. "None of those. She was alive still, despite all the odds, however the bruising on her neck suggests she may have been strangled."
"Shit..." You swore, staggering up from your crouch. "What sick fuck..." You murmured under your breath. The alley was clammy with residing moisture from the weather - the other itself protected from the chill of falling snow. "So, Nines," You turned to the android, craning your neck to look up at him. "What now?"

————————————————————

Y/N was shivering from the cold, but her mind was far from it, and the android had picked up on it straight away, wanting to get on with the case but unsure of what the human he was assigned to would want him to do. He was totally baffled by how quickly she had adapted to the serious situation - but he'd never admit it.
He wasn't a deviant, after all.

"Nines?" She pressed. As the android was still glaring at her after a few seconds of stone still staring, she began to worry ever so slightly.
"Is there... something on my face? Oh no, I didn't wipe her blood on me, did I?" Her hands flew to her cheeks, although she seemed quite expectant there was something there. The android shook his head. "No," He said lowly, and Y/N's face contorted in confusion. "No, not at all. I detect no traces of the victim's bio-matter on your body except for your gloves." Her brow furrowed even more. "What? Did you have to restart like a windows program or something? You updating?"
"No." The RK900 stayed yet again, cold as ever. "I was just analysing your current health and emotional / physical response to a case such as this. I did not expect such a drastic change in your attitude, as the percentage of you taking a case seriously drastically dropped after calling me a nickname."

————————————————————

"Oh, piss off." You grinned, turning your back and accepting that as his answer to his staring immediately. "You'll get used to em'. I'm not calling you RK900 whenever I need to yell for your help - it would be so much easier if you picked a name, but hey, what is efficiency when you get the job done?" You poke for more of a reaction out of the slate-clean expression your new partner had.
"If it would make you feel better, you can choose a name for me if you so wish." The android had stated after a small amount of icy silence. "I'll let you pick it, Nines." You rub your body all over in hope of warming yourself. The uniform and the large coat wasn't enough to keep out the cold, however, despite the dishevelled corpse in front of you, you couldn't help but admire the gently fluttering of the snow - so peaceful when such tragedies could be committed.
"Do we have any incline as to where the murderer could've gone?" You open your palm, arms taped to your body to conserve warmth, and let a few snowflakes settle there.