three

"hi."

luke's normal day consisted of constantly dozing off to sleep, playing random games on his phone, listening to music, or staring into space.

he never did much, the most activities he's done since he's been labeled with 'mental illness' was be forced to play a football match. he was always lazing around, but no one blamed him.
luke locked himself up, he was cramped in a small box.

with a heavy sigh, he ruffled his hair. he had just turned eighteen a few weeks ago, and his mum had moved out.

well, it's not really moving out. his mum had stayed with luke until the day he turned eighteen, then luke had -in the kindest way- asked his mother to leave, via text. he felt cold, practically kicking his mother out- but this was his home right? he used his money to buy this, it was his.

luke loved his mum, really, but he wanted space. no one bothering him, where he could sit on the couch watching re runs of old shows at three am without anyone contradicting.

as he was to stand up from the couch to go to his room, knocks were placed on the door. luke's features twisted in confusion, he didn't know anyone here. maybe it was someone new, and they knocked on the wrong door. or, the brunette girl and the blonde, curly headed boy.

he took a few steps to the front door, holding his phone tightly on his hand. he always felt nervous when he talked to people, he never liked it. not bothering to look on the peephole, he swung it open.

and he was right.

"hi." a teenage girl, just maybe his age, waved.

a frown settled on luke's face, she was the girl who blew up on him when he accidentally stumbled behind her chair.

his gaze shifted toward his phone, unlocking it and typing quickly.

swiftly, he lifted it up for the two teenagers to see.

catherine squinted her eyes, the brightness of his phone too much for her weak eyes.

"i'm actually here because i wanted to say sorry for getting mad the other day, i'm so sorry."

luke nodded quickly, his hand forcing the door to close. and just before it did, she caught it and pushed it back open.

"are you mad? i'm so sorry."

the blonde boy shook his head, cracking the smallest smile. the side of his lips barely moved, but she saw it.

he tapped on his phone multiple times, before again, lifting it for them to read.

"what- oh. oh okay, i'll see you around. i'm sorry to disturb you."

she smiled, though not forced, and turned around. ashton followed behind, keeping his head low. luke could see the color of the bandana he was wearing, faded blue.

and as luke shut the door, he was actually happy that someone had apogolized.

thank you so much for the support on the last chapter. i'm sorry its so short, but i actually like this one. there wasn't any speaking, really, but next chapter will have more talking.

oh and dedicated to theonlyreasons bc her story fairly oddparents is so good check it out

please comment and vote, it means a lot.