five

"you know, i wasn't completely mute."

luke pursed his lips, following along as catherine dragged him to god-knows-where.

it was the day after they met michael, the weird, purple-haired, tall boy. luke couldn't deny him being tall, because he was. he was over six feet, and he had to admit that was tall. (he didn't say that though).

but luke was taller. he was six foot four, and even for an australian who was only eighteen, that was unusual. he never liked his height, though, because luke thought it made him stand out, and he didn't like standing out.

he did, before, because he thought standing out meant he was special. but that was before, and this was now.

"lucas, why are you so quie- i meant, a bit more, like- you look like you're thinking. that's what i meant," cath stammered, blushing at the end.

luke glared at catherine, but then a small smiled pulled up the edge of his lips, and he found himself rolling his eyes along with it.

he pulled his phone out, typing something quick in the note app and pressing speak.

"can we like, stop for a meal? we've been walking around town for an hour, aren't you fucking hungry?"

the robotic woman spoke in a fast pace, and with the background noise, cath almost didn't catch it, but luckily she did. barely.

"okay sure, whatever. mcdonalds? but i have to make a quick stop at this record shop because i have to buy michael's his housewarming present."

luke felt a small pang of jealousy, and immediatly he pushed it down. he shouldn't feel jealousy, because cath wasn't luke's boyfriend, he was merely a friend. at least, luke felt like a friend to cath. she was so friendly, and ashton too. no matter how cold he was to them. he knew cath and ashton were stubborn people. but maybe it was because the two were friendly to everyone, and luke felt bad about that. maybe it was just self-pity.

luke nodded.

-

cath and luke entered the cd shop, and the minute luke saw the cashier, he wondered just how the small the world could have been.

"michael, oh."

cath slumped her shoulders, trudging off to the multiple albums of all time low, and the cab.

michael sent a small wave to luke, which he acknowledged by a nod, again.

with a small, stupid move, luke walked closer to the counter, leaning on the pillar and shutting his eyes slowly.

"you know, i wasn't completely mute. selective mute."

luke opened an eyelid, staring his baby-blue eyes at michael's electrical green ones. with the light that shone, his irises had looked more hazel then green.

cath came back, carrying a cd case of one direction and all time low, almost scoffing at herself.

luke knew why; the two were completely different genres.

like he and everyone else.

guys i felt like i had to update

THE VMAS ARE TOMORROW WOOP WOOP ((tomorrow in my country but if you're in america it's actually less than 12 hours away))

THE VMAS HERE ARE LIKE IN THE MORNING SO IM GON GET UP EARLY FOR THIS BAND

i actually have this feeling about the vmas

that maybe

taylor swift is going to twerk bc shake it off

GUYS PLS COMMET AND VOTE BC ILY AND IT MEANS A LOT TO ME