four

"i'm michael."

perfect.

perfect town,

perfect city government,

perfect neighborhoods,

perfect families,

perfect children,

perfect pets, even.

that's how most people would describe the town where luke was currently residing in, perfect.

it was so perfect, it was creepy.

everyone is sunshine and happy. it's like, there are no people who are depressed or doing crimes. it was all justice, happiness, joy.

perfect.

but the town now had one flaw; and that was luke. that was, at least, what they think. it was because he moved in, that the perfect town was now in-perfect.

they wanted luke hemmings gone from the town, from australia, from the world, if that was possible.

they hated him so much, when they didn't even know what he was going through.

"i'm the infamous luke hemmings- i'd prefer you stay away from me," the robotic monotone woman spoke through the speakers of luke's phone one day as catherine and ashton drank their smoothies.

"right."

"okay."

what the fuck, he thought, how stubborn are they?

"luke, do you wanna go to the new people's houses again?" ashton asked, referring to the purple-haired boy.

a few days ago, when they arrived, they weren't home. the house was dark, full of boxes. either they weren't there, or they were dead asleep.

luke shrugged.

"i'll take that as a yes, then."

luke rolled his blue eyes, slurping from his smoothie.

somehow, catherine had ordered his favorite one, without him even telling ((techinically the monotone woman)) her that strawberry was his favorite.

ashton and catherine had started to talk about a new topic-something about food- and luke felt out of place.

but what was new?

-

luke nervously bit his lip and occasionally played with the ring hugging his lip as cathering pressed her finger against the doorbell.

what if the new kid knew luke?

he couldn't have more drama in his life, enough was enough.

still, he couldn't help but think that maybe, just maybe, the the new kid was much like luke, with problems. everyone had problems, that's one of the things that made you human.

yes, luke was a human being, with problems just like everyone else, it was just that his were too far deep. his scars were too wounded, and he was hurt. it was like he was in the middle of world war ii, and he was surviving, as a soldier, but he wasn't living. he was in the middle of battle, between multiple countries. the only difference was, his battle was with himself.

the door flew open, and much to their surprise, it was the purple haired boy himself.

"um, hi."

ashton let out a awkward cough.

"hi. my name's ashton. this is catherine and uh, that's luke."

he nodded, sending a small smile toward all of them.

"i'm michael, do you wanna come in?"

luke was about to turn away and bolt from michael and his house, but catherine sensed his actions and held on the sleeve of his shirt, clutching it tightly.

"sure."

michael guided the three teenagers toward the kitchen, ashton tripping over a guitar case which luckily, no one noticed.

"so uh, what brings you here? not like i'm being rude, i'm just asking." he shrugged, grabbing four cokes and handing it to them.

"just a welcome. we don't have a present for you, yet."

michael's eyebrows raised, "yet?"

luke's legs bobbed up and down anxiously as caterine and ashton conversed with michael.

he was going to ask why he wasn't talking.

"so um, luke. why aren't you talking?"

catherine quickly came to his defence, "he's mute."

michael frowned, staring at luke intently. it was as if michael was familiar with luke, but couldn't quite put it right.

"i used to be mute, too."

hIIIIIIII

SO HERE IS THE CHAPTER I TOLD YOU ABOUT

THE CHAPTER IS RLY LATE BUT I MADE IT LONG FOR YOU BC ILYYYYY

GUYS OMFG SILENT IS ALMOST AT 2K I CANT BRWATH ????

WOWWWWWWWWWW

IM SO HAPPY GUYS IM SO HAPPY

LIKE

IM SO HAPPY

((cue pharell williams))

AND 5SOS' VMAS PERFORMANCE IS COMING UP WHOS EXCITED

GUYS ILY I WILL UPDATE SOON PROBABLY

PLS COMMENT AND VOTE BC UR AMAZING AND YOU LOVE ME

RIGHT

BYE