M∆CHINES pt.1

OCTOBER 2038.MAINSTRET AEON CITY

it's been about five years without dad or the others, Dave and I taught the others how to fight the scarecrows like dad had taught us. I took over for dad like he had wanted. We never told Andy about what his father did to us, we didn't see the need to upset him,plus him wanting go 'avenge' his fathers death really makes him good at taking out those scarecrows,Hayden took his moms death really hard. He turned into a scarecrows killing machine,he started to collected all the tags from the ones he's killed he was a few away from having 50. Benn and Brandon got really close like their parents had been. Brent became our explosives expert,he spent move of his time making pipe bombs and landmines and propane bombs you name he'll blow it to kingdom come. Dave became far more serious since dad's death. The fun loving Dave was gone,we all missed him but if he hadn't taken out mission so seriously we'd probably all be dead now.

"Nick" Andy whispered to me from behind the large piece of rubble "yeah andy" I hushed back,watching the dozens of scarecrows marching down the streets,they've grown in numbers over the years, not to mention the fact they've gotten seriously equipment upgrades,tanks,better weapons,better armor it was getting harder and harder to take them out with our old weapons. AK's done really do much against an armor plated tank. "Brent says he's got the propane bombs set up at the end of the street to take down the tanks without hurting any of the civilians" andy informed me "where's Brandon?" I asked making sure everyone was at their posts "on top of that building ready to provide cover fire, Hayden and Benn are ready to ambush from behind on our count" Andy continued. "We're back" Dave said coming back with Brent from setting up the bombs "okay nice,Andy radio Hayden and Benn to open fire as soon as those bombs go off" I informed andy "what do we do?" Brent asked "get those smoke canisters ready incase they're packing more heat then we had expected, Dave and I'll go help Hayden and Benn with the ground assault,Andy stay here with Brent make sure no one messes up their job" I informed the group before Dave and I loaded up and move out to Hayden and Benn's position "okay Hayden's positioned in the old post office on the left side of the road and Benn's across the street in the old McDonald one of us should cross the street to give Hayden some back up" I told Dave was we slowly moved up the street staying hidden from the scarecrows "I'll go over there you go with Hayden" Dave said keeping low to the ground "how're you going to get over there before the bombs go off?" I asked getting closer to their positions. "I'll run back and go around from behind" he explained "okay sounds god,stay safe bro" I said sticking out my fist "you too nick" Dave said giving me a fist bump before breaking off to go give Hayden back up. "Hey Benn" I said entering the McDonald from the back "hey nick,everything set up?" He asked,staying ducked behind the counter "yeah Taddie set up the bombs,Andy's ready to give directions to Brandon on when to shoot them and Dave and Hayden are across the street ready to ambush any second now" I explained taking cover with him "okay,let light em' up" Benn said giving his gun one last look over to make sure it wouldn't jam "hell ya bro,for the runaways" I said giving Benn one last look and a smile "for the runaways" he replied with a smile. Just then Andy's voice came in over the radio "Brandon now!" Second after we heard 2 large explosions "tanks down! tanks down!" Brandon said over the radio immediately after "let's go!" Benn said hoping over the counter shortly followed by me as we ran I to the street ready to open fire with Hayden and Dave "fire fire fire!" Dave shouted as we all began laying down fire on the scarecrows "Taddie fire the smoke grenades!" I shouted into the radio taking cover to reload "Rodger that nick" he responded,seconds later a small canister jetted overhead and landed right in front of the scarecrows before a think black and purple smoke poured out "Brandon take out as many as possible from above,Hayden Dave Benn move up to the roof tops with Brandon,Andy Brent move out before the next wave comes through and spots you. Move move move!" I ordered the ought the radio while we had time to move before the smoke cleared,I ran into one of the residential apartment building and stormed to the roof,I could see Brandon across the street laying down cover fire for Hayden Benn and Dave. Hayden and Benn got to the roof of the building next to me and Dave was across the street 2 roofs down from Brandon's sniper den. "Andy,Taddie what's your position?" I questioned over the radio as he smoke began to clear on the street "hidden inside the old Luna's place they'll never think to look for us in here just to be safe Taddie has the doors and windows rigged" Andy's voice came in over the radio "good everyone else get ready to take out the scarecrows!" I ordered the rest of the men, we opened fire once again and made quick work of the rest of the scarecrows, we took down 3 squads and the 2 tanks so that's about 40 dead men. We moved back down to the streets and made sure we got them all,Hayden collected his tags and we moved out before the next patrol team came in the sector 8 we had about 4 minutes to get back to the base,we split up to move back to the base Hayden went with Benn and Dave went with Brandon while I ran out to the old Luna's place to meet up with Taddie and Andy. I got there and we moved out back to the base, Andy's Dave gave out the location of the old house and they destroyed the house but didn't think to check the basement so we we're safe there for the time being. We all made it back to the hideout without any issue,Hayden and Benn ran I to 2 scarecrows on the way back but finished them off without an issue. Once we all made it back to the base we locked down the security grid Taddie made while Andy got the scanner up and running to monitor the scarecrows activity. "Anyone else hungry?" Benn questioned "I am" Brandon responded putting his sniper rifle down in the armory closet. "Me too" Brent said "I'll make something, anyone want some frozen pizza?" I said going into the kitchen "yeah sure I'm staved" Dave said. I made 2 pizzas for the 7 of us and we sat down for diner "what's are next move Nick?" Hayden asked shoveling pizza into his mouth "I say we break I to 2 teams,one group goes in disguised as scarecrows and follow them back to their base and try and collect as much data from them as possible so we can plan future attacks" I explained eating more pizza "what about the second team?" Andy asked "the second team trails us to the hideout ready to save our asses if shit goes down" I continued "when should we move?" Dave asked "next week,Friday at 6 that's when the squads switch out" I told the group "Dave,you'll lead the second team with Benn and Taddie. Brandon,Andy,Hayden you're with me" I continued "you're taking me into the scarecrows den?" Hayden asked "yeah,you down?" I questioned him "Those bastards are beyond fucked now" he said with a smirk leaning back in his chair. "So it's settled,were going into the mouth of the beast,Maybe we'll even find out where Raven operates out of" Brandon chimed in. "For his sake Brandon" I paused,pulling a knife from my side and stabbing in into the table "I sure fucking hope not"