Twenty Six

Nick

I couldn't stop myself from staring at the ultrasound printout, a wide smile spread across my face as I leant back against the couch beside Demi who was sipping at a glass of water while on the phone with her mom.

"Yes okay" I glanced briefly over at her as she ran her fingers through her hair. "Mom, I'm not telling you until Saturday" by Demi's giggle, I could only imagine her mom groaned in reply. "Nobody is finding out until Saturday" she turned to me and we shared a wide smile. "Mom, you're not getting it out of me. Yes, I love you too" she bit down on her lip as she glanced down at her stomach. "Okay, I'll see y'all on Saturday" they spoke their goodbyes before she hung up the phone, dropping it onto her lap with a sigh. "That woman is too much sometimes" I chuckled, handing Demi the printout which caused a wide grin to spread across her face.

"Can you really blame her for being excited? Baby is her first grandchild. They're gonna be a spoilt."

"I never thought I'd be the first to give her a grandchild. I always thought it would be Dallas seen as she is the oldest and her life isn't as hectic as mine" I nodded in understanding. "I never thought I'd have a baby so young either. I always thought I'd be in my thirties and married and shit..." her voice trailed off as she stared down at her hands.

"Life doesn't always go the way you plan it" Demi kept her eyes down as mine burnt into the side of her face. I couldn't stop myself from admiring her every little feature.

"Yeah, I think I know that more than anyone" she breathed out and I sent her a slight smile as she glanced up at me. "Your parents are still able to come over on Saturday, right?" I watched as she leant to lower the sonogram onto the coffee table, her hand still resting on her stomach.

"Yeah, they'll be here for around 11. Kevin should be here around the same time as mom and Joe said he may be a little late, he has a meeting with his wedding planner."

"I'm going to be huge for their wedding. I'm not going to be able to wear the dress that I planned either, that means I'm gonna have to go dress shopping" I couldn't help but to chuckle as she groaned but all I received in reply was a glare.

"You aren't gonna be huge, Dems. You're carrying our baby, our beautiful little baby" her smile made my heart flutter.

"I'm still gonna look like a sack of potatoes though" I rolled my eyes and shook my head, lightly chuckling.

"You'll be the cutest sack of potatoes for sure" she rolled her eyes as I playfully smirked. My heart warmed as I noticed the light pink tint to her cheeks. "When do you want to tell everyone about the baby?" Demi chewed on her lip and the sight had me stirring below the waist. Get a grip, Nicholas.

"We could do it now. You have any ideas?" I snapped myself out of my daze as she softly spoke her reply.

"I have a few but only if you really approve?" her eyebrows creased in confusion, so I thought I'd elaborate. I pulled out my phone and searched for the photo of the idea that I had in mind. "I thought of this but..." I shrugged as I turned my phone to Demi so that she could see the photo.

"Nick, we've been more intimate than you kissing my stomach" I brought my phone back towards me, locked it and shoved it into my pocket, glancing down at my hands. "This baby was created from more than just a kiss" my cheeks burnt at the smirk that formed on her face.

"I know, I just...I didn't know whether you'd be comfortable with it or not" I pulled my eyes off her as I shrugged.

"It's cute. I don't mind you kissing my stomach. I mean, our baby's in here" I glanced back to her, my heart fluttering at her smile. "So, are we doing this?" I nodded as I kept my eyes locked with hers. "Do you want me to post it and then you repost it or do you want us both to just post it?" I chuckled which caused her to blush, and I found it adorable.

"We can both just post it. I have an idea in mind for the caption anyway" she nodded, and it grew silent for a moment before Demi slowly lifted the shirt she was wearing. "You wanna take the photo?" she nodded as she grabbed her phone and instantly went onto the camera. It grew awkward as I leant over her, my head so close to hers. I could have easily leant in and pressed a kiss to her lips but her speaking completely cut me off.

"Nick, are you gonna kiss my stomach or what?" I released a nervous chuckle before I leant to press a kiss to her stomach, the feel of her skin against my lips caused them to tingle. I pulled away once I'd heard the snap of the camera. "Oh my god, that is adorable" Demi's hand flew to cover her mouth and I looked up to see that tears had welled in her eyes.

"Hormones?" she glared and playfully shoved me in the chest, causing me to chuckle up at her.

"No" She rolled her eyes, turning her phone around for me to see. "This is so fucking cute, Nick" I smiled in agreement.

"Are we finally ready to announce him to the world?" Demi's smile widened at the mention of our tiny unborn baby boy. Our son.

"I guess so. You sure you aren't bitter about losing the bet?"

"No, because we're having a son. I can teach him how to play baseball. I can teach him how to get the perfect woman and how to treat her like she's the only girl in the world" Demi's eyes locked on mine and I could tell that her breathing had grown heavy. "D, I..." she pulled her eyes away from mine and glanced down at her phone that was still clutched in her hand.

"Are we going to post this or not?" I cleared my throat and pulled myself away from Demi as I nodded, swallowing down the large lump that had formed in my throat.

Liked by joejonas, maddelagarza and 7,625,936 othersddlovato 1 + 1 = 3 #homeschooledView all 12,837 commentssirahsays you are so loved already little one 💗 love you too, my favourite momma to be 😍wilmervalderrama honestly so happy for you both!

ddlovato 1 + 1 = 3 #homeschooled
View all 12,837 comments
sirahsays you are so loved already little one 💗 love you too, my favourite momma to be 😍
wilmervalderrama honestly so happy for you both!

Liked by jonathanmtucker, denisejonas and 5,735,526 others
nickjonas I'm the Daddy 👶🏻
View all 7,626 comments
kevinjonas Alena's squealing 😂 congratulations brother!
sophiet YAY 🎊

——