5

i sat in my bed with shopping bags all around me. camryn plopped down onto the bed beside me. "i spent so much money today" she laughed, sitting beside me.

"same, i mightve splurged a little.. sooo anyway, do you not like zaina?" i asked casually, while staring at my lap.

"whyre you randomly asking that?" she rolled her eyes.

"you didnt look happy and you had an attitude."

she sat still for a few seconds. "i didnt like her at first, i guess. but shes cool now or whatever" she just shrugged and pulled out her phone.

"good. i just didnt want you to hate any of my friends" i sighed in relief before getting up & unpacking all of my clothes from the bags. camryn remained silent and i did the same.

"ight i gotta go to work, bye keh. dont open the door for strangers and stay safe." camryn said, grabbing her keys.

"you dont have to remind me everyday. but bye cammy. have a good day at work" i chuckled as i hopped down from the counter and gave her a tight hug.

"of course i do, and i will. peace" she smiled before leaving and closing the door behind her. i groaned, already bored. i walked straight to my bedroom and threw myself onto the bed. suddenly my phone started vibrating in my hand.

"wassup?" i answered the phone

"hey kehlani. whatchu doin?" i quickly recognized nicki's voice.

"laying in bed bored as fuck, my bestfriend left for work so now im lonely" i sighed, laying on my back.

"you wanna hang out or sum? ian doin nothing today"

"yea of course." i smiled like she could see me.

"great, ill be waitin for you." she said before hanging up the phone.

i hopped right up & threw a basic ass outfit on, which was a white tshirt, gray sweatpants, and slides. nicki was a good friend and everything, but the main reason i was going was for her roommate. even though she basically rejected me last time, i still wanted to see her fine ass. although i doubt she'll even be there. it seems like shes never home.

i grabbed my keys and walked straight to my car.

i licked my lips before knocking on nicki's door. she opened it surprisingly fast, with a big smile on her face.

"heeyy lani!" she grabbed my wrist and dragged me inside. lani? thats a first. but i kinda liked it. i just chucked and hugged her. over her shoulder, i looked around the living room to see if i spotted rihanna. sadly, she wasnt in there. nicki pulled away from the hug and pulled me to the kitchen.

"sooo, do you wanna make brownies?" she asked, holding a box of brownie mix. i laughed and took the box.

"itd be more fun to make them from scratch." i said.

"yeah i guess, but that takes too long!" she giggled, turning on the oven.

we sat on nickis bed , with the tray of brownies between us. they were almost gone and i was extremely full, but the brownies were extremely good so i kept taking pieces.

suddenly, nickis door opened and rihanna was standing there mean mugging me- like always. i just awkwardly smiled and ate another brownie.

"heyy riiiih." nicki said with her mouth full.

"what is she doing here?" rihanna rolled her eyes, she was holding a chanel purse in her hand. she didnt have any makeup on except for a little lipgloss. she caught me staring and shot me a mean look. feisty.

"we just chillinn! calm down sus. you wanna brownie?" nicki laughed, popping another brownie in her mouth.

"no i dont want your disgusting brownie. i came home expecting dinner to be made. it was your turn to cook." rihanna scoffed. i was in an awkward position and i had no idea what to do or say, so i just sat there looking lost.

"yea, sorry i forgot. i figured ceazia woulda fed you or sum.." nicki kept her eyes on the tv, not really caring much.

"no. ceazia cant even cook.. ugh whatever im finna go to chick fil a" she rolled her eyes, slamming the door.

"uhh.. so whos ceazia?" i asked, looking at the tv.

"rihannas other bestfriend- but i obviously come first"