35

Once the full moon came, Ophelia and Hayley had gotten all of the werewolves to take the serum, which allowed the Crescent curse to be broken.

As the full moon passed, the Crescent pack sighed in relief when they didn't change back into wolves. Ophelia smiled as she turned to Jackson, quickly hugging him tightly. He immediately hugged her back, "This is all thanks to you, Ophelia. I was right. You are the leader we needed." Jackson told Ophelia, which she didn't respond to.

The following day at the bayou, two men brawled with each other shirtless as a crowd gathered around them to watch. Hayley and Ophelia stood together, watching closely.

Jackson soon walked over to the two females, causing them to turn to him, "Shouldn't you be out there playing fight club?" Hayley asked with a smile on her face.

"Nah. That's just for pecking order," Jackson replied with a smile on his face, "They already know who's the alpha."

A smile formed on both of the girls' lips as one of the men fighting was flipped onto his back, meaning he lost, "Next up!" Jackson shouted out and another werewolf, Oliver, got ready to fight.

Jackson, Ophelia, and Hayley left the formed group, making their way inside the dining hallway. Just as people were about to light the candles, Ophelia snapped her fingers, causing them all to light.

Hayley turned to Ophelia, smiling at the female, "I'll never get used to that." She commented.

"You got to try Tucker's ribs," Jackson told Hayley and Ophelia as he set down a few plates at the table.

"Then what?" Ophelia questioned jokingly, "Then we're going to go play horseshoes together?"

"Hey. Don't mock country living, beautiful," Jackson commented, causing Hayley to turn to smile at Ophelia, who was trying her hardest not to do the same.

"Sorry. This is just a lot more family fun than I've had in centuries," Ophelia replied as she turned to glance at Jackson.

"Well, maybe I can help you get used to it," Jackson told her and Ophelia immediately realized he was trying to realize.

She was about to speak up and tell him that she was spoken for, but for the first time in the three centuries she's lived as an immortal being, she wasn't.

"Then all we got to do is just forget that she's spent three hundred years living with vampires," Oliver commented as he walked over to the group.

"Olly, back off," Jackson warned the man in a low tone.

"It's okay, Jackson" Ophelia assured Jackson, walking closer to Oliver, "If the runt of the pack has got something to say, he should just say it. So out with it, Oliver."

Oliver laughed at Ophelia, smiling at her, "You know, word from the quarter is Hayley's boy Elijah is holding some kind of power summit. Guess who wasn't invited."

"Where did you hear this?" Hayley questioned concerned.

"It doesn't matter," Oliver replied as he stood up from leaning on the table, "The point is, is that we're stuck here living in the swamp while Hayley's vampire boyfriend's deciding who gets what in the city, but I guess that shows how much respect he's got for the werewolves, huh? And aren't you supposed to be Queen of New Orleans, Ophelia? Shouldn't you be there with them?"

Ophelia clenched her jaw in anger as she watched Oliver walked off, feeling as though he had succeeded in pissing off Ophelia. She calmed down after a moment, turning to glance at Jackson and Hayley, "I'm going to the quarter to settle this. I'll be back soon," She informed the two as she got ready to walk off.