30

At St. Anne's Church, Father Kieran was holding the first mass since the massacre, "Thank you all for coming. It means more than I can tell you. We gather today for the first public service of our newly reopened church. St. Anne's can finally once again be the heart of our community, where we can congregate as a people united. Here, this hour, we come together to praise God and give thanks. The events that took place at our church were tragic."

  Ophelia sat along with Cami in the second row. She turned her head, only to see Klaus had his eyes locked on her as he sat next to Marcel, "Stop staring. It's creepy." She whispered as she looked away from Klaus, knowing he could hear her.

 A smile formed on Klaus' lips, finally looking away from Ophelia, "Problem?" Klaus asked Marcel, noticing the worried look on his face as he looked in back of him.

 Once hearing Klaus, Marcel immediately turned to face him, "No." He replied quickly, even though it was a lie.

 "Then pay attention," Klaus insisted, "We're meant to seem like devoted parishioners."

"Like you can talk," Marcel muttered under his breath, referring to how Klaus' eyes were locked on Ophelia practically the whole mass.

After the mass, the parishioners left the church. Kieran stood at the entrance to meet with the attendees personally when Klaus, Ophelia, and Marcel approached him, "Lovely sermon this morning, Father. Quite inspirational." Klaus complimented.

  "I wasn't expecting you to join us." Kieran retorted.

 "Oh, we were hoping for some word from your human sources on the recent Haitian invasion," Klaus informed him, referring to the witches.

  "My guys have their ears on the ground, and no one has seen or heard any sign of whatever his name is," Kieran replied.

"He is called Papa Tunde," Marcel corrected him, "And right now, he's wandering in the Quarter with the power he absorbed from every soul I had buried in the Garden, so you might wanna put your ear a little closer to the ground."

  "Or I could steer clear of whatever war is brewing between your kind and his, before I find myself–"Kieran began to argue until he was cut off when Cami appeared and started to shake her uncle's hand as if they were strangers.

"I wanted to congratulate you on getting the church up running. I can see this is a bad time," She began to tell her Uncle, giving Klaus a quick glare before turning her head to glance at Marcel and Ophelia, "Nice to see you, Marcel. You, too, Ophelia."

 Ophelia couldn't help but quiet laugh at how she purposely ignored Klaus before leaving.

"Cami!" Kieran began to call after her, but she ignored him.

 Kieran gave Klaus a hard look, "Well, don't look at me. I tried to send her away." Klaus complained before his phone rang, causing him to step away to answer it.

 As Klaus answered it, Ophelia made sure to listen in to the conversation, "Yes, Diego? What do you have for me?"

 "Uh, we got a special delivery," Diego informed him through the phone, sounding alarmed.

"Would you care to elaborate?" Klaus questioned, not quite understanding what he was getting at.

"Either our witch problems are over, or they're just getting started," Diego told him, causing Klaus to look over at Ophelia, who gave him a concerned look.

Klaus hung up the phone before returning Kieran, Marcel, and Ophelia, "Ophelia. Marcel." Klaus called out as he gestured for them to come with them, which they ended up doing.

________

At the compound, Elijah was crouched down beside Papa Tunde's body, "Can I get you anything, brother? A magnifying glass? A pipe, perhaps?" Klaus asked his brother sarcastically, clearly growing impatient.

"You have a theory you'd like to share with us, Niklaus?" Elijah questioned as he looked up at his brother, seeming annoyed.

 "Back in the day, the witches wanted to send a threat, they'd just kill a chicken and leave it on your doorstep," Marcel explained to the group.

"It's a pretty big chicken, don't you think, Marcel?" Ophelia asked sarcastically, gesturing her hands down to Papa Tunde's body.

 "Papa Tunde defeated Rebekah with ease, almost got the three of us as well. If he was supposed to be their prizefighter, why leave him for dead in our front yard?" Klaus asked confused as Rebekah joined the group.

 "Well, don't you look cheery," She commented with a smile on her face, "Listen to this: A girl literally exploded from a grave today as Sabine was giving a tour of the city of the dead. It was Monique Deveraux."

  "What?" Ophelia asked, a shocked expression on her face. 

 "The tourists thought it was part of the show, but the witches are celebrating like it's some kind of bloody miracle." Rebekah continued on.

 "Maybe it is. They think that all hope is lost, but now suddenly a Harvest girl is resurrected. This is how we're gonna get Davina back," Marcel paused, "Kill the witch who took her place."

"I'm down with that," Ophelia agreed without hesitation, "I'll kill every single French Quarter witch if it means I can get Davina back."

 Hayley suddenly entered, walking down the stairs with a large drawing in her hand, "No need for that, Ophelia," Hayley suddenly spoke up, "I have a theory about who one of them could be. Celeste. I mean, it's got to be. Davina was trying to tell us, she was drawing pictures of Celeste. She was warning us that a great evil is coming."

  "First, Papa Tunde returns to settle old scores, now your murdered lover is back. This isn't witches attacking vampires," Klaus told the group before sharing a nervous look with Ophelia, "They're declaring war on us."

_________ 

 Ophelia was walking down the hallway on the second floor when Marcel suddenly pulled her into an alcove, pushing her against the wall, "What the hell do you think you are doing?" She asked him, her eyebrows furrowed in confusion as she pushed Marcel off of her.

 As she went to walk away, Marcel grabbed her arm and pulled her back, "Listen," He whispered to her in a hushed tone, "Everybody's running off looking for resurrected witches. Meanwhile, I think I saw one at the church: Genevieve."

Ophelia's eyes widened when she heard Marcel's revelation, "What? You have to be joking."

 Marcel shook his head, "I can't be sure. I only caught her out of the corner of my eye. We've been with Klaus since so I couldn't tell you earlier. But it looked like her. And you and I both know that she would have a reason to wanna be back. A lot of unfinished business, a lot of secrets that you and I don't want getting out."

Ophelia scoffed, "I have nothing to hide from Klaus. You revealed to me about what you did after Klaus and the rest of the Mikaelson family left town, but I never had anything to do with you and Rebekah's betrayal," She explained to him before letting out a sigh, "I have to take Hayley to the plantation with Rebekah. You need to find Genevieve and end this. I'll tell Rebekah on the way there. Marcel, End it like you did the last time."

  Marcel nodded his head in understanding. He backed away from Ophelia, allowing her to walk by.