37

In Eve's shack in the Bayou, Ophelia, Hayley and Eve sat on the ground as Eve helped Hayley prepare for giving birth to her daughter, "That's it. Inhale and release." Ophelia instructed the girl, knowing exactly how it went to give birth in the bayou. She had done it herself centuries before. Twice, actually.

"I guess this means no epidural, huh?" Hayley questioned the two females, "You sure I can't do this thing in, say, a hospital? The place with the doctors and the drugs?"

Eve smiled at Hayley's comment, "Honey, the werewolves have been having babies out here since before you were born. Stop worrying." She assured her.

"Okay," Hayley replied as she finally sat up, "Then what, Eve? I don't even know what it's like to have a mother, let alone be one."

"Trust me, when the time comes, you'll know exactly what to do," Ophelia reminded her with a smile on her face, "It's the motherly instinct."

"I hope so," Hayley commented, "As fun as it is to image Klaus changing dirty diapers, I'm pretty sure that I'll be doing this alone."

  Eve raised a brow at Hayley, "I somehow doubt that."

Suddenly, Elijah arrived in the doorway, causing Ophelia to turn to him, "Pardon the interruption," He spoke up politely, "I wonder if I might have a quick word with the conspirators of a supposed uprising."

A few moments later, Elijah met with Jackson and Oliver, along with Eve, Ophelia and Hayley in the dining hall, "You're making a grave mistake." He warned them.

"So, you're just worried about us. Is that it?" Oliver asked with an attitude.

"Look, Elijah. We know all about your brother's reputation, but if there is even a chance that these rings can help us take control of our curse --" Jackson began to explain until Oliver interrupted.

"Our gift," Oliver corrected him, sounding annoyed.

   Jackson gave Oliver a look before continuing on, "Then, honestly, we don't care what he's really after. Won't have to."

"I see," Elijah responded, "There are those in the Quarter who will consider this a great provocation."

"Apparently, most of them see us breathing the same way," Oliver commented and Ophelia nodded her head in agreement to what he had said, "Ophelia had to keep her werewolf side dormant for over a century in this city even though she's the Queen. That's how much they hated the wolves."

Elijah sighed as he turned to Ophelia, "You signed a pledge, and you looked me in the eye as you did so, Ophelia." He reminded her.

Hayley shook her head, "We don't want a fight, Elijah," She replied to what he had said, "We just want a better life."

"Allegiance with my brother will guarantee you anything but that. You know that better than anyone." Elijah told her just before the group heard the sound of a motorbike approaching, which cut their argument short.

"What the hell?" Jackson frowned in confusion as he and the rest of the group exited the dining hall and walked over to where the man parked in front of the encampment.

Jackson and Ophelia lead the group over to where the unknown man sat on his bike, "Which one of you is in charge?" He asked the group.

"Who's asking?" Jackson retorted with an attitude.

  Ophelia immediately realized that something off about the man. She quickly grabbed Jackson by his arm, using her super strength to throw him several feet backward and away from the bike before she vamp sped over to the unknown man, tackling him just as the motorbike explodes, causing everyone to scream as they were thrown backward by the blast.