two - i love james but that's not the current case

Where are we? I look past the dirty window, and judging by the dimly lit street lamps and old, cobbled roads, I reckon we're in Knockturn Alley.

"This is Mank's Tale. Dark wizards come here often to trade illegal things. This place is nicknamed the Dark Trade. Dodgiest place in Knockturn Alley," Sirius whispers.

I can see why. As my eyes take a quick scan around the pub, I swear I see Dellie and Dolson Travers. They're both in my year, and they're rumoured to be very involved in the dark arts.

"Let's go," Sirius ushers, dragging Marlene's hand. Of course.

James doesn't take my hand directly, but he steers me out with his hand on my shoulder.

He can't help but stare around. Seeing his family is rich and his parents are protective, he's probably never seen the sketchy side of things before, even as someone who explores everything.

"Stop staring, " I hiss quietly, but it's too late.

A short man with several gold teeth and a tall, thin one in all black (a vampire, I assume) saunter towards us, the short one grinning widely. "Watcha lookin' at sonny? Interested in these?"

He passes through sharp looking teeth from hand to hand while I see a glint of gold in the vampire's hand. Merlin's Beard, they traded some teeth.

Before James actually talks, I yank James away, and we're on the streets of Knockturn Alley. "Time to find our way out," I sigh, glaring at James.

He gives me a silly smile as we follow Sirius, who seems to know exactly where to go.

Our footsteps are eerily loud, seeing how empty the narrow, dimly-lit streets are at this time. I constantly find myself looking around to see if anybody's watching us. I clutch onto James' arm like my life depends on it, but he doesn't seem to mind. In fact, he also stands very closely to me.

Marlene is standing in front of us with Sirius, and she obviously has her hand held in his as he confidently finds his way to our next location.

Instead of going to Diagon Alley though, he knocks on the door of another store.

The door opens to reveal an old man that looks almost exactly like Dumbledore. He scowls at the sight of Sirius's boyish, grinning face. "I'm moving to Hogsmeade, Black. Not selling today. Easier business in Hogsmeade. Really wouldn't mind not seeing those bloody Death Eaters every day. Shoo."

Sirius's mouth widens even further, and his teeth seem to shine even more.

"Come on Ab, you must have a few cups or so left," Sirius whines. Aberforth Dumbledore, huh? I wonder how Sirius knows him.

Aberforth gives Sirius a long, hard look before opening his door. "You know where they are," he admits gruffly.

Sirius smiles triumphantly and passes him ten Sickles.

I raise my eyebrows, but James seems used to Sirius knowing a million people.

James, Marlene, and I are all skeptical of the place, so only Sirius goes in and emerges with four bottles of butterbeer.

Sirius gives Aberforth another pleading look until Aberforth rolls his eyes and makes at backhand motion with his hand, making the door swing open. He juts his chin towards the bar, indicating for us to go in.

"You know where the fireplace is," he says, patting Sirius's back. He steps a foot into the pub before Aberforth grabs his shoulder. "Give hell to Walburga for me," he orders in a low voice, a smirk finally breaking across his grumpy face.

===

We end up shooting out of the pet store. I get a mouthful of ashes, feathers, and fur in my mouth. I spit most of it out before even opening my eyes. "That was bloody disgusting."