Chapter 24

Kae's POV

The day of our departure! At last! Now I can really experience a battle that I've been waiting for. I know Zen too is itching for combat right now but we need to wait until we see an enemy.

After I bid farewell to Mom and Dad, I hurriedly went to the meeting place that we are suppose to meet and Fou lo came too even I said that he should stay to watch Mam and Dad for me. Sometimes, Fou lo is hard headed but I love that attitude of his.

"Fou lo ... I think we are just too early. There are not here yet"

"Woof!" Fou lo second my opinion.

I look for them but there are nowhere to be found. I waited for like 3 hours and still not see and sense their presence. Are they boycotting me?

I still waited and waited until they finally arrive after 6 hours of waiting.

"Why are three sooooooo late? I waited for almost 6 hours here!" I was so pissed that I mutter it without thinking.

"And we waited for almost 1 month!" Nulier respond.

I was left speechless. Now I know what they felt at that time. I feel guilty!

"Alright! Alright! Stop arguing ladies. Kae, were sorry we were late. Unexpected happened back at the Castle and I need to tend about it. Nina and Nulier were their at that time so they waited for me until I'm finished." Prince Ryusenheim defended Nulier with his might.

Nulier on the other hand stick out her tongue to me. She was so happy that the Prince defended her. Just you wait you witch! Hmph!

Nina was left compose as usual with her ladylike figure. She surely now practicing a princess like figure to be for Prince Ryuzenheim. What a advance mind to think!

"Alright! Now we are finally complete. Let's start our journey!" Prince Ryu declare and now the 5 of us embark to our new adventure.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

3 hrs have past~

Nulier now is complaining nonstop to us because of the intense heat coming from the sun. Also for walking nonstop.

"Neeee..... Can we rest for a bit? I'm so dead tiredddd!" Nulier complain.

"We can't, Nulier. Look around us. There's no trees around to take shelter and shade on. We can't stop right now" I said while drinking our ration of water.

"But! But! I can't take it anymoreeeee!" Nulier now slump down on the road. She looks like a child throwing tantrum for not doing what she wants.

The three of us stop and look at pitiful Nulier. I know that somehow, all of us feel the same way as Nulier but we don't have any choice at all since there were no trees around. If we stop, we will a human toast because of the intense heat.

" Stop complaining Nulier. I thought you were prepared for something like this."

"I didn't know that it would be like this! Look! My skin is turning tan! Oh my God!! My!! My beautiful skin!!!!!" Nulier now is panicking.

"Stop it Nulier! Look at Nina. She didn't even complain for something like that. Stop acting like a child!" Now I'm on my limit.

"Sigh... Well if it is come to this." Prince Ryuzenheim walks to Nulier then turn around so his back is facing her.

"Ride on. I will give you a piggy back until we arrive at the nearest town or at the forest."

Both Nina and I were shocked because of what Prince Ryuzenheim did. I thought this kind of thinggy would come true through movies only. But ... But... Prince actually did it!

"If... If... If I know Prince would actually give a piggy ride. I ... I also will do that too!" Nina thought to herself.

Nina gritted her teeth but she regain her composure again. I will also be able to caught the attention of the Prince!

Nulier blushed and she took the offer of the Prince.

"I... I.... thank you, Prince Ryuzenheim"

"It's alright. It's my responsibility anyway to take care all of you." Prince Ryuzenheim assured Nulier.

So Nulier finally making a move huh? I look at Nina but she was like not affected by it. Nina sures how to play this game!

"If its okay now, lets continue walking!" I said energetically.

We walk for several hours nonstop again. It's like walking at the desert. Intense heat is now piercing through my skin. Maybe later I will get a sunburn!

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .  .. . .

Now, Nina, Prince Ryuzenheim and I are all exhausted, only Nulier looks fine a bit. After walking for more than 8 hours, we finally made and arrive at the forest. We finally took a shade and rest ourselves their. Our ration of water is now out of stock and we need to refill it again.

I volunteer myself to search for water supply. Prince Ryuzenheim can't do it because he carried Nulier all the way here and he seems so tired at all. Nina too can't also. Nulier? Nah! I'm afraid she will got lost in this forest so I took the initiative to do it. Fou lo followed me maybe because his afraid too for my sake.

Luckily, I found a waterfall and as I scout and examine the place if its clean and safe. After examining, I find it clean and safe to drink. I refill our containers and immediately went back to them. When I arrive, Nulier was the first to took some containers and gulped all the water inside. Prince and Nina did the same. We are all on the verge of dehydration! God do really exist!

"Come on guys! Let's go to the place where I found some water. We can stay there and rest for awhile while we await  for the sun rise again. We can also take a bath there." I propose.

They agreed to me and we went their to replenish our strengths for tomorrows continue adventure. Before we arrive, we search for food like fruits and edible plants to eat for our dinner.

"Fou lo, come with me. Let's take a bath before sleeping." I suggested. "You too, Nina and Nulier. Wanna come?"

"Yes! I would love too! I'm afraid to taking bath alone." Nina agreed with a smile.

"Well, I don't have any other choice. I'm afraid when danger comes you can't fight and even defend yourself." Nulier said mocking me.

"No!" Prince Ryuzenheim blurt out of nowhere.

"What no?" I asked curiously. "Why??? Don't tell me....."

"What?" Prince Ryuzenheim seems puzzled to what I said.

"Don't tell me... You want to come with us too?????!"

Prince Ryuzenheim left speechless after to what I said.