The Darkness

Kai's POV

I ran forward with the rest of the team. All five Ninja made it through the portal with Damien, but Nya, Sensei, and Misako did not.

We fall down about ten feet as we enter the new realm. It was as dark as night, and all six of us were there together.

Damien recovers first. "You're lucky it isn't night. That's when the fun begins."

I look around. It is dark, only enough light to see a few feet ahead of me. If this is day in this realm, I don't want to be here during the night.

I enter a ready position. Cole, Zane, Lloyd, and Jay follow. "Where. Is. Y/n," I ask harshly.

"You're a little closer to finding her. Somewhere in this realm. But I doubt you'll survive the first hour of night," Damien says before slipping through another portal.

I look to Zane. He's the one most likely to find a way to y/n in this realm. Hopefully Damien doesn't take her somewhere else....

"Zane? Can you find anything that can help us?" Lloyd asks.

"I'm running scans," Zane says. A few seconds later, he adds, "PIXAL found a building ten miles that way." He pointed northeast. "It's the only thing in a ten mile radius, and if what Damien says about the night is true, he wouldn't leave y/n out in the open."

"It's worth a shot," Jay says. "That's the only thing we know about this darn realm."

"Let's go save y/n," I say with determination.

"One problem!" Zane shouts.

"What is it?" Cole asks.

"It'll take us until after dark to reach the shelter. And night is supposed to be bad," Zane explained.

"Great! How can this get any harder?" Jay shouted.

There was a ROAR heard from the distance.

"I think it just did, Jay," I say. A large blob monster comes at us.

"Oh crap!" Lloyd says. "I know what that is!"

"What?!" we all say in unison.

"My dad told me about where he went after he got all four of the golden weapons and opened a portal to somewhere else in space and time. It's supposed to be a place of pure evil, blah blah blah. This is the place!" Lloyd quickly explains.

"This is getting better and better," I mutter under my breath.

"Tell me about it!" Jay shouts.

"Shut up Jay! Shouting got us here in the first place!" Cole shouts at Jay.

"You just shouted!" Jay pointed out.

I slap my forehead in hand and sigh. Sometimes we are just plain stupid.

"Are you help us or are you just going to silently judge us?" Cole shouts at me.

"Both!" I say as I throw a ball of fire at the blob. Lloyd throws a follow up energy ball. Zane freezes the blob, and Jay and Cole team up to destroy the blob through electricity and super strength.

We take some time to recover from the attack. "We should get going," Lloyd said. "Dad told me the monsters come out at night."

"What is this? Minecraft of darkness?" Jay asks, clearly annoyed with everything.

"Think of it like that if you want, I guess," I say. Everyone is annoying me right now. They're being stupid and we need to focus on finding y/n, going back to Ninjago, and stopping Damien. "But can we please focus on rescuing y/n?"