The Lightning (+2018 Christmas Special)

Your POV

Zane helps you down from the dragon and you and the Ninja go back into the dark and dreary cave. Kai lights a fire in the center fireplace and everyone sits around it to converse about the discovery y'all made in the Crystal Cavern.

"So, I mean it's interesting I guess, but does this help us stop Damien or get back to Ninjago?" Kai asks.

"I dunno. It might be why Damien kidnapped you though, y/n," Lloyd says.

"What do you mean?" you ask.

"Well, maybe Damien knew that you are a Master or Apprentice or whatever and wants to use because of it," Cole suggests.

"Possibly once a Master or Apprentice is in contact with the Cavern, it gives them power or the key to unlocking something else Damien wants," Zane adds.

"It sounds legit," Jay agrees. "I mean, if I was an evil jerk, even though I already am an Elemental Master, I'd want some powerful people in my side. And I guess I'd use any means to get people to work for me."

"Well, I'm glad you aren't an evil jerk like Damien, Jay," you say. I

"Haha, yeah, me too," Jay says a little nervously. You don't know why he's slightly nervous, but he is.

You sigh and look at Zane. "How long have you been in this realm? In this realm's time, of course."

"We've been here for two months, y/n," Zane answers.

"So, I know this is weird, but if we pretend it's the same timeline as Ninjago, what would the date be?" you ask.

"December 25th," Zane answers with a smile.

"It's Christmas?! Well, kinda. I mean, it feels like months for us, so it kinda is Christmas for the six of us, but also kinda not," you say excitedly.

"It's Christmas!" Jay shouts. "Zane, why didn't you tell us?!"

"Because it isn't really Christmas yet in Ninj-"

"Technicalities, Zane! Technicalities!" Jay shouts with a smile on his face.

"It doesn't really matter, Jay. It's not like there's a tree or anything here," Kai says.

"But that isn't the true meaning of Christmas!" you argue.

"Y/n's right! Christmas isn't about the tree or presents!" Jay shouts.

"Before you go all Linus from Charlie Brown Christmas on us, Jay, remember that we're all within five feet of you and we don't want to tell Damien, along with everything else, that we're here," Cole says.

"Fine," Jay says at a much softer tone. "Christmas isn't about Santa Claus and presents and trees and mistletoe! It's about love and friends and family and love!"

"Hear hear!" you say.

"If you think about it, Christmas is a weird holiday," Lloyd says. Think about it. It's about a Jewish baby born two thousand years ago that was famous for the local shepherds and kings of distant lands even though he was born in a stable during tax collection. And that's a big deal because people worship him, so we celebrate his birth by giving each other presents and getting presents from a fake fat guy in a red suit, eating unhealthy amounts of sugar, singing about a reindeer with a red nose, and the only time of year it is acceptable to drink eggnog."

"Wow," you say in surprise. "I had not thought of any of that before." I

"I don't know if that's a Deep Thought of the Day™, a meme, or what," Jay says, saying 'T-M' at the end of 'Day.'

"All of the above," Kai answers.

"Everything Lloyd said was accurate," Zane adds.

"Christmas is a weird holiday. Are other winter holidays just as weird?" Cole asks.

"The Jews celebrate Hanukkah, a holiday celebrating the religious freedom Judah won from Syria and rededicating the temple in Jerusalem thousands of years ago. The menora makes sense considering menoras were used in Jewish temples and there's a story behind the menora during the dedication of the temple. Dradels are fun for children. Kwanzaa is a mix of African celebrations and Christmas, so it contains the weirdness of Christmas and cool African traditions," Zane explains.

"Did you just recite the Wikipedia page verbatim, Pink Panther?" you ask.

"No! I pulled that together from valid sources!" Zane retorts.

"So Kwanzaa is only weird because of the Christmas elements, and Hanukkah isn't weird," Cole says. "Why is Christmas so weird?"

"It's been commercialized," Kai says.

"It was originally a Christian holy day, but atheists thought it was cool so now it's a weird mashup of Christian beliefs and whatever atheists did with Santa Claus and whatnot," you say.

"Both true," Lloyd says, referring to both yours and Kai's answers.

Jay turns to you. "You seem to like Christmas a lot. Even if no one will, I'ma celebrate it because this is an excuse to celebrate it two months early. You wanna come?"

"Um, sure," you say as you blush. Stop it with the blushing, y/n! He just wants to celebrate Christmas!

"Okay, y'all can come with y/n and I if you want. Only emergency services should work on Christmas!"

"Jay, we are kinda an emergency service," Cole says.

"We aren't cops, firemen, paramedics, animal control, mountain rescue, hospital doctors, government officers, FBI, CIA, or in the military! So we aren't an emergency service! We are above them!" Jay says.

Jay drags you away from the other Ninja. "So, Jay, how do you plan on celebrating Christmas in this heckhole?" you ask.

"I haven't thought that far yet, y/n. Gimme a moment. To fill that time, let's talk. How have you normally celebrated Christmas?" Jay says.

"Well, last Christmas I mostly just did the normal things with Roy, mistletoe and all. It wasn't until now that I've thought about today. I haven't really been able to think about any holiday. It's a little...much for me, since, y'know...," you say.

Jay touched your hand in a comforting way. "I'm so sorry, y/n. But Jay will make this a wonderful Christmas in this not so wonderful realm!"

"Oh no, referring to oneself in the third person. That's never a good sign. Are we sure you aren't an evil jerk after all, Gollum?" you say.

"The world may never-crap! I don't have  Tootsie Roll Pop to turn this into a commercial!"

You laugh at his lame joke while you blush. You cover it up as much as you can with your h/l hair.

You sit with Jay until dusk, doing whatever to celebrate Christmas. You sing songs, quote Christmas movies, make plans for gifts for the other Ninja when Christmas rolls along in Ninjago, and try to sing the Trans-Siberian Orchestra's "Christmas Eve/Sarajevo" aka Carol of the Bells because why not? You haven't had this much fun in a long time.

A/N
Finally updated! Hope y'all enjoyed this chapter and Christmas Special! Happy Holidays!
🎄Michelle