The First Task : Chapter 22

Harry's POV:

Oh crap. Today is the day of the first task. Harry thought too himself. Cedric had told him it involved dragons and Harry guessed they were supposed to fight dragons. He had spent the week with Hermione figuring out important spells for the duel. He had not spent very much time with (Y/N) so she was a little bit distant but he could understand that. He walked up to her as she was talking with Luna, Hermione, and Neville. He walked over and smiled. "Good morning Neville, Hermione." He said nodding in their direction. He turned to (Y/N) and smiled a goofy grin while kissing her cheek. "And good morning to you" He said smiling again. (Y/N) blushed and shoved him playfully. "Gross." She said chuckling. Harry watched her as she talked to Neville and Hermione once again and took (Y/N)'s hand gently. They talked for awhile and then he glanced over to look at the empty hall to think and saw a very aggravated George and a silent Fred. He looked away as George stared at their hands together. George strutted over. Harry elbowed (Y/N) still holding on to her hand. She looked up as George walked over. "(Y/N), will you go to the Yule Ball with me?" George said and glanced at Harry smirking. Harry blinked and looked over at (Y/N) who had a confused and angry expression. "What? Are you just gonna sit there until Harry asks you too? Or is that who you want to ask you instead?" George said staring at (Y/N). (Y/N) cleared her throat. "Harry's already asked me George." She said turning away and Luna stared happily at the conversation as Hermione boiled with anger. Hermione stepped in front of (Y/N). She put her pointer finger square to his chest glaring up at him. "How dare you ask her to the Yule Ball after what YOU did! She deserves so much better! And you didn't even apologize. I can't believe I'm saying this but....Ron could've handled this much more maturely than you!" She said angrily. "Ron is just a little twig. He can't even do anything with that temper of his! So don't even try me Hermione Granger!" George said back down. "I don't understand? How can you still be mad (Y/N)?" George said sending an icy glare towards (Y/N). Next Harry stepped in. "I'm not saying anything to offend anyone. Just leave. We don't need drama, not today." Harry said and (Y/N) smiled at Harry. George took it all in and left. Harry let out a sigh and turned back to (Y/N) who had tears running down her cheeks. Harry wrapped his arms around her waist and squeezed her tightly as she cried a little into his sweater. Hermione and Luna nodded. "Where's Neville?" Luna asked completely unfazed by the situation. "O-Over H-Here..." Neville said shaking from behind a statue. "Oh you scaredy cat!" Hermione said shaking her head. "I-Older Y-Years scare me." Neville said shakily. Luna chuckled and nodded. Neville came out and went back to the group. "Hey Luna. Do you think Ginny will go to Yule Ball with me?" Neville said smiling. Luna's smile turned into a thin line. "Maybe I don't speak for Ginny" Luna said whistfully as she walked off. Hermione threw her hands up. "ARE ALL THE BOYS THIS YEAR DAFT IDIOTS? EXCEPT HARRY!" She said storming off to read in the room holding the Goblet of Fire. (Y/N) stared at Harry and kissed Harry on the cheek. "I have to go but I'll be rooting for you!" Harry nodded as she ran off. He went to the Quidditch field. He walked into the tent and saw the other champions waiting with reporters. Their cameras flashed at him and he blinked. They all nodded to him and Cedric smiled. Dumbledore walked in with Hagrid and McGonagall. Harry stood there awkwardly as the reporters scurried off. Dumbledore cleared his throat. "Each of you will choose a dragon." He says nodding to Hagrid. They nodded and Hagrid pushed the small pouch towards them. "Go on then." Hagrid said. Fleur glanced at the rest of them and picked a random dragon. "That's a Welsh Green Dragon" Hagrid explains to Fleur. Vicktor sticks his hand in next and reveals a Chinese Fireball. Fleur and Krum put their dragons back in as Cedric takes a Swedish Short-Snout. He slides it back in and Harry gets the last one, the Hungarian Horntail. He nods and slides it back in. Dumbledore nods. "All of you talk amongst yourselves I will return to get you shortly. They all nodded.