Kevin

"Your mother just left?" the lady asked.

"She did, don't tell my father, he will send me back to her I think. The rest of my relatives don't want me."

"We wont tell him."

"Tell him my mother's here. He will never see her because she's always busy. Capiche?"

"Capiche."

"Cool."

Cedric took me up to my room. 

"Is everything to your liking Olivia?"

"Yes it sure is. I guess Mum leaving me with Dad was a last resort huh?"

"Her leaving you without explanation is never a last resort for any reason!"

Cedric was concerned. Then, the bell rang coming from the lobby.

"Excuse me, we have another guest."

Cedric left.

I sat on the bed an rested for a few minutes. I dozed off, I didn't realize it until I heard a knock which woke me. I got up and answered. It was Cedric.

"Hi Olivia, uh, a little boy just checked in next door to you if you want to say hello."

"Sure."

"His last name's McCallister and his father's in a meeting, that's all I know about him."

"Ok. I'll go say hello later. Right now I need some sleep. I know it's the afternoon but I had a long ride here, I had to be awake early in the morning, earlier than I used to get up for school."

"I understand, would you like anything, water, tea?"

"Not now, I'll ring when I do."

"Sure, it's just fine. You want me to show you how the hotel phone works?"

"No thanks, I know."

He nodded and left.

I slept for a good hour or two. I was awoken by one of the rooms next door who had a TV up too loud. I got up and banged on the wall.

"Turn it down some!"

"Sorry!" A kid's voice said.

He only turned it down a couple notches but it was still loud.

"Still a bit loud!"

"Ok."

He turned it down a couple more notches.

"Better?"

"Not really? Wait, I'm gonna come to you."

I walked outside the room and knocked on the neighboring room door. The kid answered the door. It was a little boy about nine or ten, he had blonde hair and blues eyes that shined bright like sapphires. He was a cute little boy.

"It's still too loud, little man."

"I'm sorry."

"It's alright. You might as well have it a bit silent, with captions if you need to."

"Ok."

"Where are your parents?"

"Its just me and my dad. He's always busy. He's in a long meeting, he travels for work."

"My mother's busy too, she's a fashion designer. There's a fashion show in a day or two."

"Oh really?"

"Hmm hmm. My name's Olivia."

"I'm Kevin."

I shook his hand. He smiled. He was so cute!

"Let's be friends while we're here."

"Better yet, best friends!"

I stayed and watched a bit of TV with him. Soon, it was night time.