Dad In Kevin's Room

When I got out of Kevin's room, I heard the elevator ding. I got in my room with the door cracked so I could see out of curiosity. A man in a suit came out, he walked out a bit further. It was Dad! Mr. Hector, the hotel concierge. I haven't seen him since the divorce, I wondered if he still remembers me without telling him my last name, there are tons of Olivia's in the world. He looked as handsome as he did ten years ago, in his late forties and he haven't physically changed a bit. I was happy. I know Mum never let me see him or let him see me, not even a single photograph sent to him of me over the course of a decade. Me and Dad were so close, he even started nicknaming me Olive. I don't know if he forgot all about me or not. Anyway, he was walking towards Kevin's room.

"Housekeeping," he said in a weird voice as he knocked. 

I heard Kevin running in his room, probably hiding. I slowly creeped up behind him as he went into the room. What was Dad doing!? I hid in the dark where he wouldn't see. I heard the shower turn on, and some music. The only thing I could make out was something about doing the cougar. It sounded like a screaming pug. All of a sudden, I heard this.

"Get out of here you nosey little pervert or I'm gonna slap you silly!"

Dad ran out of the bathroom and tripped over a small table on the way out the room. I felt bad for him getting hurt but it was funny as heck. I went to check on Kevin. He was in the bathroom laughing.

"Kevin."

He gasped as he noticed me.

"Olivia you scared me."

"My apologies. Who was that man?"

I lied.

"I saw him in the lobby when I checked in. He was eyeing me like he was suspicious. Olivia, can I tell you a secret?"

"Sure."

"I came here alone. No father, just me."

I gasped.

"You're here all by yourself?"

"Yeah. I'm from Chicago. Me and my family were at the airport, on our way to a flight to Miami for a Christmas vacation. I got separated from them on accident, Dad dropped his wallet with his credit card which explains me checking into a hotel as luxurious as this. I got on the wrong flight and here I am. A little boy lost in the Big Apple on the holidays, making up a convincing story so I could check in."

I gave him a tight hug.

"I'm gonna stick with you until your family finds you."

"Fine,"