Telling Kevin The Truth

We were in Central Park. We sat at one of the benches.

"What're we gonna do now?" Kevin asked.

"Let's sit here for a while."

I looked at my watch.

"It's late in the afternoon, I'm hungry, scared, alone with a kid in a large dangerous place. Kevin, I'm gonna tell you the truth about me."

"Truth?"

"Hmmhmm. My mother's not a fashion designer. As a matter of fact, she doesn't even have a job. She dumped me at the hotel."

"She abandoned you!?"

"Yes. She's a bad mother, very bad mother. she would say that I'm worthless, a disappointment."

I took my jacket off. I had on a short sleeve shirt. I had scars on my arms from self harm. Kevin gasped.

"It's kinda graphic for a boy like you. I'm sorry. I used to cut myself. I still try to refrain."

I put my jacket back on. We sat for a good thirty seconds.

"One more thing, it's not the first time she dumped me. I was always brought back from other members of the family. She makes a face like 'looks like I'm gonna have to deal with this girl.' The reason why she dumped me at the hotel is because the concierge is my father."

Kevin was shocked.

"For ten years, she never let us see each other. Yesterday was a last resort to getting rid of me. My name's Olivia Hector, I'm eighteen years old, I like music and causing mischief."

"At home, I was always getting into trouble whether it was my fault or not. My older brother Buzz pulled a prank on me the other night, it was a school choir concert, he was right behind me. He used two play candles for horns or ears or something. Buzz always bullies me. I was so humiliated, I pushed him which caused the rest of them to fall like dominoes, even the tree falling on the piano lady. One prank caused a huge disaster. At home, we had a family meeting about it, Mom wanted me to apologize to Buzz, he was acting all fake mature. He whispered to me 'beat that you little trout sniffer' I got blamed for it all. I wished I had no family, it came true, just like last year. I was left home alone on accident. I was having fun until Harry and Marv showed up, those two guys you met, they tried to break in my house and I defended it to the death by tons of booby traps. My name's Kevin McCallister, I'm ten years old, TV's my life and I like to cause mischief too if it's necessary."

"Now we know each other better."

"Yep...I have an idea. One of my aunts and uncles live here in New York, let's go see them."

"Sure! They might be able to  contact your family and they can find you."

We left. It was only five minutes away. I held Kevin's hand to protect him from the crazy people who wonder the city especially at night.

We were at the house. It looked abandoned.

"The house looks abandoned."

We went in.

"Hello!?"

"Hello?"

"Anyone!"

"Nobody!"

We hung out until night time. Kevin saw Harry and Marv in the street. He heard they were gonna rob Duncan's Toy Chest.

"They're gonna rob the toy store!"

"I have an idea, I'll distract them, you set up booby traps til I get back."

"Ok, I done it before, I'll do it again!"

I walked outside.

"There's that one girl Marv, let's get her!"

I started running.