New Home

When the gathering was over, Dad and I left the hotel heading home, my suitcases were with me. The apartment building was over a mile from the hotel. We went inside, Dad checked his mail.

"Sick and tired of getting ads in the mail."

I chuckled. We went into the elevator, the apartment was on the 4th floor. He unlocked the door and we went in. The apartment was two story. Kitchen and living room was on the first floor and the bedrooms was on the second floor.

"You want something to drink? I'm craving some hot chocolate."

"Ok."

I looked at the clock, it was half passed ten. He made us hot chocolate, he was humming a Christmas song. Me and Dad used to sing all the time and he has a beautiful voice. He walked in the living room with them.

"Find us something good to watch. I think Charlie Brown Christmas is on tonight."

I turned on the TV. It was on, just coming on. Which means...

"Christmas time is here. Happiness and cheer," I sang.

Dad joined in with me. He sounded exactly the same, when we'd sing Christmas songs and he would sing to me before bed.

We continued to watch it. In the middle of the movie, I noticed Dad was asleep. He was very tired. Might as well go to bed. I woke him up.

"Dad let's go to bed."

He smiled.

"Alright sweetheart. We'll head upstairs and show you your room."

We went upstairs to sleep.