Facades

Most (not all) chapters will have a song to go with the theme. Just something I like to do to set the tone.

 Just something I like to do to set the tone

Chanel

I tapped my foot on the floor of my apartment in angst. Sonny laid on my chest as we sat on my sofa watching Law & Order SVU. Well I watched and he was fast asleep. I looked at my phone to check the time.

10:00 a.m.

Odell was supposed to be here an hour ago after he got out of practice. As usual, he was running late.

The freshly painted cream and terracotta walls were bare, no pictures, no art and the only furniture in my new apartment aside from the leather Sofa Odell had bought me as a house warming gift was the glass coffee table from Mrs. Brewster. Today I was supposed to be up early to get started on some shopping but here I was holding up my day for none other than Odell.

"This shit is getting real old" I mumbled to myself. Almost as if it was on que, my doorbell rang. Sonny shifted in my arms a little but remained sleep. Before I could place him down on the couch to go open the door I heard the lock twisting and turning and it opened. Annoyed I rolled my eyes.

"I told you that was for emergencies only"

Odell strolled in with a Red Nike V neck his looked soaked as if he'd just come out the shower. I could smell the Armani cologne on him as soon as he walked over the threshold. His red Nike shorts and pair of red Supreme slides. His diamond earrings accentuated the single gold herribone chain was on display, I've known him for over a year now and I still have to think about shit like dying puppies to keep myself from getting haute and bothered around him.

"My bad I stopped at the crib to shower" he said completely ignoring my first comment.

"I see" I said as I softly placed Sonny down on the couch so that I could go excuse myself to finish getting dressed. Odell grabbed a pillow from the sofa placing it in front of Sonny so that incase he rolled he wouldn't fall off the couch. He trailed me to the back, towards my bedroom as I moved swiftly. My baby blue Nike break away pants and a white crop top were my go-to for the day. I finished my look with a basic pair of iridescent one's. I looked around my room to find my baby blue hat to cover this mess I called hair. I scrambled around my room as I opened up my bags of luggage trying to find it.

"You know if you unpacked, this type of shit would be easier" he said plainly. He sat on the edge of my bed looking at me with his usual irritated expression.

"You know if you shut the fuck up sometimes my life would be easier?" I mumbled to myself as I rose up from by bag.

Odell whistled in amusement "Ohhhwee , got us a bad ass over here." I turned around rolling my eyes finally facing him as I slid my cap on. He sat there just looking at me , I wish I could punch him dead in his shit.