First

New technology was a waste of time, but it was needed. If Y/N wanted to crack the code to Markiplier Manor, staying up as late as 1:00 am was worth it. Many people were either asleep, or out partying on a Friday night such as this. Or would it be considered morning? It didn't matter. Fingers constantly typed away hoping to be just inches away from an answer but to no luck.

This wasn't the first time an answer wasn't clear, oh no. This happened most nights, and it usually happened to be 3 or 4 days until something was uncovered from the ground. 

Sighing, Y/N took a sip of water that rested next to their elbow on the cold desk. As their fingers stopped, a phone started to ring. Wasting no time to wait for the obnoxious ringing to stop, they picked up their phone and accepted the call from an unknown number.

"Hello?" The caller was unclear due to the noise in the background. Y/N assumed the caller was at a party or bar of some sort. The voice could still be heard.

"Is this Y/N?" That's when Y/N froze in place. Nobody except her own family knew her name, and maybe some close friends who lived far away from her. The voice was quiet and soothing, yet demanding at the same time. Somehow it did sound vaguely familiar. The caller's breaths from the other side told Y/N this person was easily becoming impatient. Without hesitation, Y/N replied,

"No," and ended the call immediately. Y/N knew that was someone not to talk to, be it someone they knew which was impossible since they had just moved to LA a few months ago, or some stranger who randomly called and asked for their name randomly. Y/N wasn't a completely common name, but there was no doubt that their name wasn't the only name.

Going back to typing, Y/N found nothing so they shut off the laptop and headed off to bed, hoping to get some answers in the morning. After getting ready and brushing their teeth, Y/N crawled into bed with a satisfied hope of finding something tomorrow. After they set their alarm and shut off the lights, it was silent through the night.

***

The next day, Y/N was up and awake. They washed up, quickly made their bed, got dressed and made themselves look perfect. Walking through the kitchen Y/N made some toast and got out some butter and jam to spread. Just as a butter knife was in their hand, another loud ringing was heard like last night. This time, it was Y/N's mother. Smiling, they gladly accepted the call with no worry compared to the strange caller from earlier.

"Mom?"

"Oh hello there. How/'s my Y/N doing?"

"I'm doing good mom. How's dad? Is he doing better."

"Much better, but he still won't be able to walk for another few weeks." Just about a month ago, Y/N heard that their father broke his leg while trying to be cool like their younger brother.

"Well, hopefully he can get back on his feet."

"I hope so too. So, how's the hunt?" Y/N sighed.

"Still trying to figure out the answers. Everyday is just one step closer."

"Let us know if you need anything. We're always happy to help. I have to go now, but good luck!"

"Thanks mom. I love you." After saying their farewells a few more times, the call ended and Y/N was stuck with a few hours until their job. To pass some time, Y/N thought watching the news would be nice. There was no point in watching a movie or show with just an hour or two to spare.

The two twins, named Jim who were the newscasts, spoke about something Y/N has been waiting to hear for the past several months.

"Good afternoon LA. My name is Jim and this is of course, Jim."

"Thank you Jim. It has come to our attention that the mansion called Markiplier Manor has left more clues and answers from the unsolved cases of its' guests disappearance. We will now show you some footage of what Jim and I captured earlier this morning. Let's take a look."

As Y/N continued to watch with ease and fascination, the alarm of the phone rang, indicating they needed to go to work. Y/N got up and changed into their uniform.

"I'll see if I can find it later tonight on their website. I want to see what they have and if I could possibly salvage anything." With that, Y/N left the apartment, heading to work with excitement for the rest of the night.