Chapter Six: I'll be your light if you let me

Levi's POV

He turned his dread filled face away from me and splashed in the water.

"Who did this to you?" I repeat again only a bit firmer.

I feel like a thousand daggers covered in lemon juice stabb me in the heart when he says his next words.

"Does it really matter?" He says in a broken voice as he looks me straight in the eyes.

"Yes it does!" I argue

"WHY!!?" He cries.

"Because I care." I say as I pick up a cloth and start to clean his back gently, being careful of the lashes there.

He lets out a sob.

"You promise you won't tell?" He whimpers.

I didn't want to promise that because I wanted whoever was responsible to pay, but I need to know who did it.

"I promise." I say sincerely, meaning every word of it.

"My dad.... " He says distantly

I drop the cloth and freeze. I felt as if someone dropped the bone crushing weight of the world on top of me as a cobra wrapped itself around my heart with the intent to sink its monsterous razor like fangs into me.

Bastard.

I would get him arrested, but I made a promise to Eren, I can't break it.

I pick up the cloth and his arm with the intent to clean it when I freeze again as I see the ruby gashes. I felt like crying, but I didn't.

Right now all I can do for him is be his  safe place until he lets me report his dad.

"I promised that I wouldn't tell, so I won't, I just want to let you know you're safe here and are allowed here whenever you want. I'll be there for you.

A/N: shout out to my friends Coda Cola and Mac, they are the ones that convinced me to update. Thanks guys. 😊😊😊