Expositiony Bit To Get Spot In On The Trip

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Brooklyn, NY.

5:05 AM.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

"Okay, everyone's eyes closed?" There was a brief murmur of assent. "All right, then, Mafia, who d'you wanna kill?" Spot sighed dramatically, and Racetrack pressed his ear against the door. Was this really what he thought it was? "No, Mafia, ya can't pick yourself."

After a moment, Spot spoke again, this time in a dark, dramatic tone. "The Mafia, who's probably getting tired of this junk by now, snuck into Nails' bedroom last night and tipped a single drop of poison into the glass of water sitting next to his bed. Just after The Mafia left, Nails woke up and realized that he was thirsty. Unfortunately for him, the doctor was busy treating Red for a really bad papercut. While this was going on, the-" Racetrack slowly opened the door.

"Am I interruptin' your morning game of Mafia?" He smiled ironically.

"Race! Ya made it! Wanna play? Nails just died, so there's an open spot in the circle."

"Can't. I'm about to leave for a road trip. Some kinda bonding thing. You can come if ya want. That's why I'm here, actually."

Spot smiled. "Sounds like fun. I'm with ya." He faced the circle, which had shifted to surround the dramatically sprawled form of Nails.

"Skeeter, you be the narrator this round. I've got somewhere to be." He smiled. "I've got a great feeling about this."