The Asylum

Chapter 1:

I sit up as my eyes snap open, the memories flashing before me suddenly disappear. I glance around the dark, empty room in panic, calming slightly when I realise it was only a dream. Well, not a dream, a nightmare. A nightmare of something that actually happened

I drop back onto the bed in relief. I close my eyes again, just for a second, as I catch my breath. I compose myself, suddenly glad none of my flatmates saw my little freak out session. I have a lot of pride, you know. I cant help but think about all the events over the past couple years, how crazy its all been.

A buzz from my bedside dresser catches my attention as I glance over. I reach my cell phone, the bright light of the screen making me squint to read the jumbled letters. After my vision goes back into focus, I read the text flashing in bold letters.

Sent from unknown number-

meet u down the alley behind dount street in 5. Its time.

I read the text over about 3 times before sighing in anticipation. I force myself out of bed, grabbing my ripped skinny jeans off the floor before forcing them up my legs. Hurriedly, I tie my frizzy hair up into a ponytail, not bothering to tame the curly mess.. Not bothering to change my singlet either, I grab my leather jacket off the end of the bed and shrug it over my shoulders. After putting on my run down black converse, I grab my phone, before heading out my bedroom door.

I move quickly and swiftly, making sure not to wake any flatmates. Hoping none of them are awake already, so I don't have to explain why I'm going out at this time of night.

Within four minutes tops, Im walking down Dount street, the street lights being my only way to see as I approach the familiar alley.

I pause just before I enter it, taking in my surroundings. The crisp air surrounding the empty streets comes across as almost too quiet, which puts me on edge but I work hard not to show it.

I scan the area once more, making sure Im alone before I enter the large alleyway.

Its around 50 metres long, stretching along 20 metre high walls. Pitch black, the only form of lighting being the faint shine of the moon behind a big, dark cloud.

I stroll down the alley with fake confidence, hands in my pockets to keep safe from the chilly night air, I have the urge to whistle to just so the facade seems more believable.

I glance behind me in paranoia, not being able to get rid of the edgy feeling. I shake my head and keep walking, looking around for someone in particular.

Suddenly, a female body steps out of the shadows. She strolls her way towards me, and soon Im able to make out her features.

All the paranoia, the edginess, the worry disappears as soon as I come to realise who it is. Instead, Im replaced with full confidence.

I smirk at my best friend Layla as we approach each other.

"Hey, girl! Long time no see," I raise my hand for a fist pump. She gladly accepts it, an evil glint forming behind her smile.

Layla. Shes cold, like winter; always following her head over her heart, which reflects on her personality. Red hair, falling in perfect waves as she stops walking.

Eyes that were lit with a beautiful pale blue, shining like a frosty winter morning scan my face, the dim moonlight making them glow as bright as ever.

Her eyes just compliment her fair skin; an elegant pale colour like the first touches of snow, clear as frozen ice. Her figure was perfectly shaped it was stunning, like the one of an ice skater carving into the hearts of others with the beauty of it. Slender limbs, like a young pine tree.