Chapter Three

Dean stared at the man, and the man looked up from the woman, staring back at Dean.

"Hello. I am Samandriel, and I'm an Angel of the Lord." He said, staring at Dean still.

"Angel...? Angels don't exist!" Dean said, looking away from the man. Away from Samandriel. Images of Cas playing through his head. First, Demons don't exist, now Angels do, too? Dean thought to himself.

"Obviously, they do, or I wouldn't be standing here." Samandriel said, sounding confused by Dean's disbelief of angels.

"Okay, fine. Say Angels do exist, which they don't, why would one stop me from selling my soul?" Dean asked, looking down at the brunette's body. The Demon's body. He looked back up to Samandriel.

"Because I was ordered by my Superiors." Samandriel said as if it explained everything. Dean sighed.

"And why would your 'Superiors' want to stop me?" Dean asked, missing Cas, thinking of the beach as he waited for an answer. He just wanted Cas back, was that too much to ask? Dean didn't think so.

"I don't know, and it is not my place to question them." Samandriel said, his voice monotone.

"Then get someone who knows, dammit!" Dean growled, tired of this Samandriel and his answers that didn't answer anything.

"Sorry, I can't do that." Samandriel said.

"Why no-" Dean was cut off by wings fluttering and Samandriel disappearing, leaving Dean with tears running down his face, ready to kill that goddamned Angel who couldn't help him get Cas back. Couldn't even tell him why he couldn't have Cas back. Dean would go to another crossroads. Find another Demon, and make a deal. He wanted Cas back more than life itself. More than the ocean, more than the waves, more than the air in his lungs, more than the earth, more than the universe. No one could possibly want anything as much as he wanted Cas back, and he would get Cas back. Even if it killed him.