𝓒𝓱𝓪𝓹𝓽𝓮𝓻 5

𝟏𝟖𝟔𝟒, 𝐌𝐘𝐒𝐓𝐈𝐂 𝐅𝐀𝐋𝐋𝐒, 𝐕𝐈𝐑𝐆𝐈𝐍𝐈𝐀

IT HONESTLY TOOK ME SOME TIME to wrap my head around the concept of the Butterfly effect. And once the realization dawned on me, I could put together...everything.

Due to my intervention, Damon is in good terms with my —sorry excuse of a— Father and is now in France for the last few months, which didn't happen in the show. So, Katherine couldn't compel Guiseppe to give her a place to stay at the Salvatore Estate. Two, my Mother, Lillian Salvatore, is still very much alive. So, our family now consists of 5 members, and there was no way my peasant Father would agree to freeload an orphan girl, who comes along with her handmaiden-slash-witch, Emily Bennett.

So, to stay close to Stefan, the male doppelganger, who Katherine is cursed/spelled to love and to live with other fellow vampires in the town, the Petrova doppelganger looked for the next best thing that could help her in laying low- The Lockwoods.

Now...the only question that, currently eating me was, Why did my Mother invite Katerina Petrova for lunch? Has Mother done this on her consent, or was she compelled to do so? I did manage to find the vervain and often use it during the moment I bake something in the Kitchen. But has my Mother eaten any cookies or muffins during the time she met with the Petrova doppelganger?

Well, whatever it is, I am gonna be a little more careful next time. Probably add everything to the tea and perfumes.

My train of thoughts was interrupted when Stefan ushered me towards his way as he maintained a polite smile at Katherine. I took a deep breath, " Its the moment to act friendly, Nora. Try to be a social person."

"You must be Miss. Pierce," I addressed the Elephant on the porch with a tight smile. Something about Katherine didn't sit right with me. It might be due to the nightmares I had during my childhood. They were traumatic, to say the least. "I am Nora, Nora Salvatore, and you probably got the name of my younger brother here, Stefan Salvatore."

And Katherine just stared at me, blinking a little, a look of disbelief passed in her eyes, and that's when I realized it. Whenever, I am nervous, scared, or overexcited, my white energy surrounds me, as an instinct, like a layer of protection. Something only visible to the eyes of a supernatural creature. I immediately tried to control my heartbeat, and the light slinked into me as I maintained the innocent smile on the outside.

Katherine, if anything, looked even more suspicious. Stefan, however, cleared his throat loudly and got the vampire out of her reverie.