𝓒𝓱𝓪𝓹𝓽𝓮𝓻 4

𝟏𝟖𝟔𝟑, 𝐌𝐘𝐒𝐓𝐈𝐂 𝐅𝐀𝐋𝐋𝐒, 𝐕𝐈𝐑𝐆𝐈𝐍𝐈𝐀.

FAKE GIGGLES. SNICKERING AND SQUEALS. Whispering and gossips. Obnoxious chauvinists and their boasting. Sparkling candelabras and clinking glasses.

Everyone is behaving like they are high on nitrous oxide.

What in the bloody hell am I doing in the middle of this circus?

Today was one of those brain blasting events, where all the idle people get together and brag about themselves to each other. Pride, Greed, Wrath, Envy, Lust, Gluttony, and Sloth. All were present in that room if you look around. Unfortunately, I had to attend the party along with my family.

And during the past year, nothing exciting happened.

Well, except for I still didn't have any luck making friends even after all this time. Well, the last one lasted for a good two weeks. I mean, it's not my fault when people think I am insulting them when I am merely stating the facts. Teenagers are quite insecure, especially the ones in the 1800s. Easily offended.

"Miss Salvatore, would you like to dance with me," The younger son of Maxwell's asked me, with a smile. And I honestly, don't remember his name.

Where are my brothers when I need them?

I looked at the guy in front of me and wanted to say, "Hell! No." But seeing my Mother's hopeful face across the room, I gave him a tight smile and said, "It would be my pleasure, Mr. Maxwell."

We then danced and danced and danced. We danced until I felt an urge to kick the blundering fellow to keep him from talking anymore. And, just when I thought violence is the last resort, I was whisked away by my saving grace.

Damon.

"Why the hell were you dancing with Benedict, Nora. That guy has a bad reputation. What were you thinking?" Damon whispered to me.

"Well, Father asked me not to say no, if someone from founding families asked me for a dance. And, I was thinking where the hell did he get the idea that I cared. I think even Mother understood that, so, she made a request not to anger her husband, and I agreed like a good daughter. I am," I said, and he shook his head with a soft smile.

"You...who curses our Father like there is no tomorrow. You are a...Good daughter?" He mocked.

"Yes," I said unimpressed at his teasing, "And, you, are a very, bad brother. How could you leave me with these packs of wolves, mercilessly, as soon as some townie asks you for a dance?"