Chapter 6

"He's your neighbor!?"

I sighed shutting my locker forcefully, turning back around to Sage who was standing directly beside me. She'd stared at me uncontrollably like a weirdo. "That's crazy," she says

I rubbed my face leaning my back on to my locker next to her " You have no idea, the whole night was awkward after he showed up"

Last night flashed in my mind after Daxton left, I remember hearing Jess call after him as he stormed off out of my house and my mom coming in to ask what happened. I shook my head and told her nothing happened while holding my sore wrist in my hands I looked down where he once held then and turned around and cleaned off the rest of the dishes in the sink.

Sage shook her head at me and closed her locker soon after "so what are you gonna do now?"

I shrugged looking out into the sea of people passing through the hallways " Well hopefully this year will go fast and I won't have to interact with him, which is what he wants"

Before I knew it Sage ruffly grabs on to my shoulder and turns me back to face her quickly, pulling me into a secretive conversation "That's gonna be kinda hard." she whispered " You guys are next-door neighbors and your guys parents are practically best friends with each other" she says talking slowly down to me

I looked around us in confusion, bring my head down and crouching into her "Ya I know." I whispered back looking at her for answers "why are we whispering?" "He just walked right by us, while we were practically talking about him" she said

I pecked my head back up looking slightly over her shoulder looking around the halls until I saw a certain 6 foot 2 boy wearing all black and walking side by side with his known friends going down the hallway. Kids in the halls stayed clear of them as they walked through the hallways the girls practically trying to eyeball them for attention. Trevor and Alec always showed their tough exterior around the students in our school so when a mysterious boy shows up and is already in with there crowd all these people can do is a gossip about who is the new 'mysterious' friend that showed up out of nowhere with Trevor and Alec. while I even remember hearing all the rumors about who could he be and why he suddenly showed up out of nowhere. especially hearing the rumors in the girl's bathroom.

The three boys walked the rest of the way down the hall until I couldn't see them any further. Once they were out of sight completely I turned back towards Sage's gaze "What?"

she chuckled "nothing, it's nothing," she said shooking to her head to herself

Before I could reply an arm slung over my shoulder and felt a body being pressed on to my side, seeing the arm that slung over my shoulder and the dark blue nails I already knew it was Peyton who was pressed up against my side. I turned my head to the right and was caught by her smile immediately.

Somone was overly happy today?

" So guys what are we talking about?"

I shrugged "Nothing rea-"

"Darcy's hot hospital roommate is her neighbor and their parents are practically best friends," Sage says cutting me off

Payton turned to me surprised, eyes wide and mouth open "Your kidding!"

I rolled my eyes sighing abruptly "nope, That's what that whole dinner was with my parents, it was for me getting a chance to know my 'new neighbor' and her son who I still think is a complete ass"

"Well, what are you gonna do?"

"As I said to Sage, I'm gonna keep living my life and he can keep living his." The school bell rang right after signaling the start of class. I picked up my bag off the ground and pulled it over my shoulder, Payton looked backed at Sage who shrugged her shoulders "well come on, we got class" and we continued to talk the rest of the way to class.