Is it all just an act?

Kao's point of view

I looked at Pete confused and shocked at the same time. 'Did I just hear him right? He wants to be FRIENDS!!!! How can I trust him, I mean he just wanted to get revenge on me yesterday and now he wants to be FRIENDS???!! One side of me says there's something fishy but the other side of me wants to believe him, but I don't know why I feel like this because I'm supposed to hate him but there's a strange feeling. ...'  "Kao are you ok?" Pete asked looking worriedly at me "Oh sorry I was just spacing out a bit.I'm sorry but I don't know if I can give you an answer jet I need some time to think about it if you don't mind." "Well how about this, I'll give you some time till  after the classes finish and then you can give me your answer, let's meet in front of the uni." Pete said calmly smiling. As he left I sat there confused staring at nothing. I was in shock and the whole time I was thinking about what he said. It was a bit hard to concentrate, even in class which usually never happened to me. As the last class finished I slowly went outside the uni and waited for Pete because the teacher made him and the rest of the gang help him bring some books to the library. After some time has passed I saw Pete approaching me slightly running. "So did you decide?" Pete asked curiously.  "I would realy like to be friends with you Pete, but I don't feel like I could trust you after yesterday, atleast not just the two of us. If we go out with the rest of the gang maybe after some time you could earn my trust." "Well they're about to come out so if you want we could go out?" I just nodded and we waited for the rest of the gang and when they came Pete sai:"Guys, why don't we all go get something to eat and grab some drinks to celebrate our new gang! My treat!" Everyone agreed and we decide to go to a smal restaurant nearby. As we got there everyone sat themselves down, and Pete sat himself down next to me. We ordered some food and started chatting as we slowly decided to play a game. Everyone has to say something about themselves and if it's something more intimite it will stay between the five of the friends. It started simply with things like 'my favourite colour is..' or 'I don't like...' But it slowly got more intimate with questions like 'how often did you kiss' but luckily the food came so we stopped with the game and started simply chatting while we ate. I was glad because to be honest I'm gay and I was slightly scared someone would aske me something that would let them know I'm gay. I found out I was gay when I was in high school when I started liking a boy from our class. It was just a simple crush nothing much, and he did go to another uni so I didn't really get connected with him but I knew I was gay because I never felt like that about ANY of the girls and there were a lot of cute ones in our class. As we finished we stayed a bit and talked, and then we decided to go home. Pete offered us to drive us all home, and so he did. First he droped of Thada, then June and afterwards Sandee. After he dropped of Sandee he invited me to the front. He asked for my adress and when I told him he started driving there. I won't lie I do kinda feel like I'm starting to like him,as in like like him and if he's actually trying to be my friend I could probably like him more. But I know he's straight so I shouldn't bring my hopes up. As he stoped in front of my house I got out and as I was about to close the door he quickly said "good night Kao" "Good night Pete" I answered and went into my house. "Maybe it's not gonna be so bad at all. Maybe that bad feeling in my gut was just nervousness after all...." I thought to myself. The next morning as I stepped outside I saw Pete pull up yo my house. "What are you doing here?" I asked him with a confused look.  "I came here to pick you up and drive you to school!" Pete said with a gorgeous smile. As I got in the car I said "You have been acting super nice to me, why? Do you want something?" "I actually do want one thing.." Pete started saying and I was geting mad but then he finished the sentence "I want for us to be able to become friends!" I felt my heart beat faster as I looked over at him and saw that smile of his that always made my heart beat faster. There was something about that smile that I liked, but I wasn't sure if it was the smile itself or maybe the owner. Whatever it was it made my day a bit better. As we got to the uni we looked for our friends who were already here. I was mostly surprised June was here this early. Even though I knew him for a little bit I already knew he was a lazy person. I just pray I never have to get paired up with him because I'd probably do all the work alone. But as the day got to an end we decided to go out again, all of us to hang out and have some fun. This happened every day for a week. It was saturday and I woke up a bit early and saw that there were a few notifications on my phone. It was the group chat we created.

Sandee
Do you guys wanna go somewhere today as well?

June
Hell yeahhh😃

Thada
I'm down if you guys are

Pete
Sure why not!

Pete
What about you Kao

Kao
Yeah,I'm down for it

Kao
Where are we going?

Pete
There's this new karaoke bar,you guys wanna go there?

Sandee
Sure!

June
New bar,hell yeah!!

Thada
Ok,but don't expect me to sing!

Kao
Well then,it's settled. When and where are we meeting?

Pete
I'll come and pick you guys up now if you're ok with that.

Sandee
Fine with me

Thada
Ok

June
Sure

Kao
Well then see you guys in a bit😄

I quickly got washed up and put on a casual outfit. As I got out I saw Pete pull up. I got in and we were of to that new place. When we got there we ordered some snacks and some drinks and began chatting. We started playing truth or dare and the first round everyone chose truth. But the second round I got a dare it was simple get on the flor and dance and so I did. Everyone was laughing and all of a suden Pete joined me, doing some dumm shit. As we finished everyone aplouded us and we kept on playing. We were at the bar until it was 20:10 then we finally decided to go back home. As Pete droped of the others and it was just the two of us I decide to tell him "You know I was realy skeptical about this but you have proven yourself to me this week. You earned my trust and I believe we could actually be friends!" Pete looked at me smiling and said "Realy!!! Great!!!!" As he pulled up he said "Good night, see you tomorow!"
"Good night Pete see ya."
As I got inside ny house I heard Pete's car slowly drive of. "I'm actually pretty happy myself. This could actually work out, but why do I keep having this wierd feeling in my gut? Strange..."

Pete's point of view

"I can't believe he actually fell for my act. I guess I was better than I thought! Thank god though I can't stand being nice to him anymore!Heh Kao you shouldn't have given me your trust and and you shouldn't have crossed paths with me, tomorrow you'll pay and I'll make sure! You just fell into my trap!"