THREE

Devon sat in the waiting room nervously, Anthony bundled up on her chest with a carrier sling as she filled out paper work for him. She whispered softly to him as he gurgled and giggled, smiling at his sister.

"Miss Cameron? Dr. Cullen will see you now," a nurse called out and Devon looked up smiling in acknowledgment. She grabbed the diaper bag before standing up, following the nurse back to the room.

They did the standard procedure first. They weighed him and measured him while asking Devon questions about his health before Doctor Cullen came in.

"Hello, I'm Dr. Cullen. I'm filling in for Dr. Kendall. You must be Devon and Anthony," he smiles kindly as he looks at her and they shake hands.

"It's a pleasure to meet you, Dr. Cullen," she says with a smile.

"Now, I've heard about your current situation. Raising a child is hard enough, and it's even harder when you're still a child yourself. Don't hesitate to ask for help, and make sure you take care of yourself. You're a beautiful young girl but the exhaustion on your features is very evident. I'll be leaving you with my number, my wife Esme and I will be glad to help in any way necessary," he gets that out of the way to make sure she knows she's not alone, and he'll help if she needs it. The bags under her eyes are insane.

"Thank you, Dr. Cullen," she says sincerely.

As it's his check up for two months, Anthony has about 7 vaccinations he needs, and it hurt Devon to watch him cry, but it was necessary. Dr. Cullen prescribes baby Tylenol for her to pick up on her way out, explaining his thighs might be tender and a little sore, and a slight fever is possible, but reassured her not to freak out.

"Alright baby, time to go grocery shopping," she says gently to him, once he's calmed down from the needles and she's made her way to the car.

She got a lot of judgmental and pitiful stares. She was a 16 year old girl, during a school day, at the grocery store with a baby wrapped to her chest. She looked like a teen mom. She pretty much was, except she didn't conceive and birth this baby. It wasn't her actions that led to this. Devon didn't care, she was going to do her goddamn best.

Devon made her way through the store, humming softly as Anthony had fallen asleep for his morning nap.

Soon enough, the cart was filled and Devon was back in her car, making her way home. She sat Anthony in his rocking seat in the living room, playing soft music to keep him asleep. She had never been more thankful for the homes open floor plan. The lack of walls made it easier to multitask with him.

She brought in all the groceries and put them away. It was now nearly 11am, and Anthony was waking up from his nap.

"Hi love bug," she coos to him as she takes him out of his rocking seat, changing his diaper before feeding him the bottle she prepared.

_____________________________________

Jared was nervous. He knew the pack would see when he shifted anyways, so he decided to just tell them, and beg Sam to take it easy on him.

Once he had explained what was going on, the room was silent.

"Your poor sister," Emily said sympathetically, breaking the silence.

"She's been through more than I have. She takes care of me, she does everything for me and now Anthony, while still doing online school now, and two jobs. She's always been smarter than me and better than me at everything. Devon is amazing. She has so much potential that she's struggling to use because she's forced to be a parent," Jared says frustrated.

"She really does everything for you?" Quil raises his eyebrows.

"Yes! She cooks when I'm home, helps me with my homework, does my laundry, keeps the house clean, everything! Don't underestimate her," he said annoyed.