Even Great Things

The votes were kinda confusing, but I'm pretty sure it was a tie; so I'll be the tiebreaker. G!P Y/n it is!
Enjoy!

The rushing trickle of the nearby stream cleared away the cobwebs in my mind. No sounds of traffic, fighting, anger, sadness. No signs of life.

Nature was peaceful.

I had been out at my parents log cabin in Canada for a few weeks now. The clear air being a much needed addition to my health. Stress had been eating away at me physically. Hurt and confusion and..

And hate.

All of those things were weighing on me, and when I had collapsed in the middle of Lauren's living room during a girls night in; they all suggested that I had this getaway.

It was everything I didn't know I needed, and with Dinah's birthday party coming up; It was time for me to head back.

I wasn't painless, and I was far from normal, but for now I was okay. Even though that word had a million meanings and almost none of them were okay. I was fine with the uncertainty of my mindset. That's all I could be at the moment.

--------------------------------------------------------------

"Y/n! You're back!"

Pulling the darker woman into a hug, I smiled into Normani's hair. "Yeah, I couldn't miss Dinah's 21st birthday."

Moving away, Normani placed her hands on my shoulders as she stared deep into my y/e/c eyes. "She would understand if you couldn't make it, Y/n. We all would understand and none of us would blame you."

"Is she here?"

Seeming to immediately get what I was saying, Normani begrudgingly nodded her head in affirmation. "Mistakes or not, her and Dinah have been best friends for a long time. Can't really blame her for looking past some things Mila has done."

Actually, I could.

Almost seconds after I thought that, I shook it away. Normani is right. I wouldn't dare be mad at Dinah for holding onto someone she loves, cause at this moment every part of my body yearned for me to do the same.

"I gotcha. I'm going to go get something to drink though, so I'll catch you later, okay?" Giving me another quick hug, Normani told me that I had to find her later, and then let me go. On the way to the much needed Alcohol, I spotted familiar brunette hair, and I quickly changed my path. I didn't know where I was heading, but I did not need to see the person who was currently wreaking havoc on my soul.

Cutting a corner, I ended up on the huge expanse of land behind Dinah's house. The yard was mostly empty, but out in the distance I spotted a tall tree and what looked to be a gigantic tree house.

Upon closer inspection, the tree was actually like eight large tree's all connected by rope and wood bridges that had an entire tree mansion built on them. My mouth widened in awe after I climbed up and saw a fully functioning kitchen, bathroom, and what seemed to be game room with electricity and lights. There even seemed to be a bedroom across one of the farther bridges. "Pretty dope huh?"

I nearly jumped off of the tree house at the unexpected voice. Whipping my head to the side, I recognized the breathtaking beauty of one of Ally's closest friends, Jamie. "Yeah, it's honestly unbelievably cool up here."

"