This Way

"So you actually think you can get me someone dope to be featured on this?"

Jamie rolled her eyes while nodding. "I'm gonna get you Ice JJ Fish if you don't stop doubting me so much."

"I'm sorry." Chuckling I sat next to her on the dark leather couch. "It's just. you know how important this is for me; hell, you were the one pushing me to do it so of course you know how big it is. This song is my baby, and I'm actually gonna be releasing it to the public. It has to have someone amazing on it with me."

Sprawling out across me, Jamie grinned up into my eyes, face open and childlike in it's happiness. "Let me work my magic, suck a few dicks, eat a few pussies. I'll get someone big."

"Fuck you are." I pushed her off of me softly, bursting into laughter as she thudded into a heap on the ground. "I don't want you fucking someone into working with me."

"Jealous?"

"Cautious."

She picked herself up off of the ground, dusting her clothes absently. "Oh baby, don't worry." Moving over to me, she knelt down so our faces were inches apart, her voice lowered to a whisper. "I won't suck anyone else's dick but yours." I froze in shock as she leaned forward and connected our lips. It wasn't a fancy kiss, neither of our lips moving. It was the type of kiss drunken friends give to each other; except I'm pretty sure neither of us had a drop of alcohol that day.

Laughing, in the way that no one could help but describe as cackling, Jamie dashed out of the room. "I'll tell you who I got by the end of the week." she called over her shoulder, leaving me wide eyed with lips that could still feel the tingling softness of her.

________________________________

The lights were dim in the studio I was in. It was an official studio, different than the one that was in my house, because I wanted to have other producers ideas on this song. I was still the main producer on it, but their insight was helpful.

It was around 12 AM though, and they were all gone home. I was spinning slowly in the desk chair, plucking the melody out on a guitar more expensive than my childhood home's mortgage.

"What more can I say?"

"Say." I stopped playing as a beautiful voice skillfully sung out the word. Turning around, my breath rushed out all at once. H.E.R was leaning on the door frame, shades on with a tasteful sweatsuit.

"H

"H.E.R?"

"Call me Gabi." A smile graced her lips, and I felt myself calm down just a little bit. "I love this song by the way, just wanted to put that out there."

I'm pretty sure my eyes were wider than a full moon as I gaped at her. "What? How? Thank you." I finally pushed out, feeling a little embarrassed about my fangirling. "Not to sound ungrateful, but how did you even hear about my song?"