i. don't care

CHAPTER ONE.
[ i. don't care ]
/ IRL /

     CARTER LIED HER head on Quinn's shoulder as the group awaited for their friend to pull up. Truthfully, they've been waiting a good ten minutes on the girl and they were all irritable. "Is Cordelia ever gonna get here?" Quinn asked, drowning out the awkward silence. Carter shrugged and raised her head off of the girl, folding her arms.

     "Probably not," she stated as she watched the cars past by. "We'll be old and grey by the time she gets here." Carter was the type of girl to tell it how it is or how she felt about it, even if it meant hurting their feelings.

"The place is really crowded," Maryland commented in a whiny tone, looking at all the cars in the parking lot. "If she doesn't hurry up soon, we won't be able to get the room we want . . . or even a room at all."

"Let's just leave her," the ginger groaned, standing up off the bench and smoothing out her shorts.

"You know she'll be mad," Jayden reminded, making the girl nod and roll her eyes sarcastically.

"Okay and? We're already mad. It won't hurt her to be mad too," Carter explained, irritation lacing her voice. She then started to walk towards the doors, leaving her friends conflicted.

"I'll stay out here and wait for Cor," Quinn quickly explained, watching Carter open the doors and walk in. "You two go with Carter."

"You're leaving us with Satan?" Maryland groaned, receiving a smack on the arm from Jayden. "Hey! What was that for?!"

"Come on," he rolled his eyes before grabbing the girl's wrist and pulling her along. Maryland looked back at Quinn, mouthing and pleading. The girl on the bench shrugged and mouthed a quick 'sorry', causing the stubborn girl to whine.

Carter heard the door behind her open, making her look back and see her best friend dragging Maryland inside and letting her go. "Is she here yet?" The ginger asked over all the commotion, making Jayden and Maryland shake their heads. "Well for fucks sake." She walked over and stood in between her two friends, looking at the line to even get a room.

"We're never gonna get in," Jayden sighed, running his hand through his hair.

"Aren't we supposed to get out? Not in?" Maryland asked dumbfounded. Carter slowly looked over at the girl, not wanting to handle her right now. "What?"

"You're making me lose brain cells," she muttered before walking over and sitting in one of the waiting chairs. Jayden then followed her, making Maryland even confused.

"What did I even do?" The confused girl asked, walking over and sitting beside Carter, who leaned her head back staring up at the ceiling in defeat. The ginger laid her hands on her lap, impatiently waiting for the rest of the group to come.

"I'm gonna go to the bathroom," Carter softly groaned out as she stood up, squeezing past the line to try to get to the bathroom on the other side. She mumbled a few 'excuse me's' here and there. The girl rolled her eyes at the crowded line before opening the door to the bathroom, going in and shutting herself in a stall.

"Chosen, you do not need to call me for everything. I'll be out in a second." Carter heard a girl in the stall next to her say. She's probably on the phone. It wouldn't hurt her to be quiet, Carter told herself. She sat on the toilet, not even using the bathroom; just casually getting away from the crowd. The ginger heard the stall door open beside her, making her stop breathing; just so she wouldn't be heard. She watched as the person started to walk around her own stall, making the anxious ginger inside pull her feet up to her chest.

     Carter watched the feet eventually walk out, making the girl sigh in relief and get off the toilet. She then slowly opened the stall, her heard starting to go a normal rate. She hesitantly looked around, making sure the girl wasn't around. "Jesus, I can't even have a moment by myself," she muttered under her breath before stepping out of the stall and walking towards the door to get out of the bathroom. Once she stepped out, the lobby wasn't as crowded as before, but she didn't see her friends.

     She furrowed her eyebrows in confusion and walked over to where Jayden and Maryland once sat. Carter kept glancing everywhere, not being able to see her friends anywhere. She then headed over to the glass doors, looking out to see if Quinn was still waiting for Cordelia,

     she wasn't there.

     Carter groaned and walked over to the counter, obviously irritated. The woman behind the desk immediately turned her attention to the annoyed ginger. "Hi, do you have a scheduled party?"

"Yes, actually. But my friends are nowhere to be seen," the ginger explained in an annoyed tone. The woman then went back to the computer, not caring anymore. "Uh . . . hello?" Carter waved her hand in the air, trying to grab the woman's attention once again.

"I saw some . . . boy about your age in here," the woman added, not taking her eyes off the computer screen. "Was there a boy in your group?"

"Yeah. Can you take me . . . there?" Carter asked flatly, making the woman roll her eyes, pissing off the ginger even more. The woman got up out of her office chair and led the ginger down the hallway. Carter glanced at the doors in awe, thinking escape rooms are such a cool idea. Excitement was now written all over her face as the woman opened a room door. "Room three? I didn't order this room?" Carter nervously chuckled. The woman shrugged and pushed the door open, allowing the girl to walk in. The ginger gave the woman a glare before stepping in.

Carter then heard the door shut behind her, making her jump slightly. She then noticed her friends weren't in the same room with her and noticed it wasn't a 'horror' room, it was actually a 'jail' room. "Okay, what the fuck?" She asked herself, glancing around. "Quinn? Cordelia?!"

"Nah, it's just me." The ginger jumped as she watched a boy much taller than her step from the shadows. She clutched her chest, breathing heavily.

"Jesus fucking Christ you scared the shit out of me," the ginger sneered, still breathing heavily. Carter's heart then dropped and her eyes widened in realization. "Wait, who the hell are you?"

"I should be asking the same thing. You're not Sophia or Jeremy," the boy stated, folding his arms. "Or Chosen or Jaeden or-"

"Yea, I could care less about what your friends' names are," she scoffed, putting her hands on her hips. Carter looked up in the corner and saw a camera, making her swallow the lump in her throat. "If this is some joke, Jay, I swear to fucking God!"

—————

AND SO IT BEGINS.