xiii. left unsaid

CHAPTER THIRTEEN.
[ xiii. left unsaid ]
/ IRL /

CARTER SLOWLY STARTED to stir awake but yet, still kept her eyes closed. She brought the blanket closer to her and rolled on her side as she tried her best to fall back asleep. Just as she was about to drift off into sleep, the ginger heard a familiar voice yell. "Carter Elizabeth McDaniels!" The ginger's eyes shot open and let out a groan, realizing it was Cordelia who called out for her. She heard the stomping off feet and shook felt the coldness of the air as her warm blanket was yanked off of her.

     "Hey!" Carter yelled as she sat up, still have asleep, "what was that for?!" Cordelia had an excited look on her face, but still looked annoyed.

     "Where did you go yesterday?!" The brunette asked loudly. The stomping of more feet soon commenced as Maryland and Quinn ran into the ginger's bedroom, who groaned and fell back onto her pillow. The ginger rubbed her eyes as she tried to wake herself up.

     "I went to the bathroom like I told you dipshits!" Carter exclaimed as she sat up and glanced at the three girls.

     "Did you fucking fall into the toilet because you were gone for the whole night!?" Maryland mentioned as she tried to make herself apart of the conversation. Carter's stomach turned as she realized they were gonna find out about the facetime call from late last night.

     "No I didn't fucking fall— Mom!" Carter called out, "they're bullying me!"

     "Your mother went to run some errands," Quinn sighed disappointedly at the freckled face girl and shook her head.

     "I knew exactly where Carter went!" They heard someone shout loudly from another room. Footsteps were heard and soon saw a familiar face walk in. "You called Wyatt," Jayden smirked and folded his arms knowingly. Carter's eyes went wide and her heart started to race.

     "Wyatt Oleff?" Cordelia gasped dramatically, "you mean Carter's Wyatt?" Quinn nodded sheepishly before Cordelia started to squeal statically.

     "I did not call him," Carter stated defensively. She looked around at them all with a shocked expression on her face, but they didn't believe her. "Why would I call him?"

     "Because you like him," Maryland teased with a sly grin on her face. The annoyed ginger rolled her eyes and rubbed her face, wanting to escape this conversation as fast as possible.

"Even if I did, how would you idiots know?" She folded her arms as she awaited for a response.

"Because I saw a message on your phone from Wyatt saying he enjoyed talking to you last night and seeing your face," Jayden explained truthfully, watching his best friend's jaw drop, yet her face become red. Without no hesitation, she reached over and grabbed her phone from off her bedside table and clicked it on, seeing the one notification that stood out to her.

noodle brain headass😶:
i know how difficult it is for you to open up to anyone, especially me, so i just wanna say that i'm glad you're starting to warm up to me out of all people. never in a million years would i think you with the attitude you have towards me would end up facetiming me and get really deep with me; and i like that. i don't have anyone i can get sincerely deep with other than jaeden, so i just wanna thank you and stuff

noodle brain headass😶:
this is cheesy lmao rip ,, well hhhhh

noodle brain headass😶:
time to die streaks ✈️✈️✈️

Carter silently awed at the message and teared up. She wiped the escaped tear that had rolled down her cheek and sniffled, smiling as she stared down at the phone screen. Maryland nudged Quinn playfully as they all watched the girl become emotional. "She's so whipped," Maryland whispered aloud to herself, catching the ginger's attention.

     "I am not whipped!" Carter shouted defensively as she put her phone down, her mouth agape.

     "I thought you were gonna stray away from him?" Quinn softly questioned as she sat at the foot of the bed.

     "I still am." The four all gave Carter a glare that made her become quiet and guilty.

     "Do you like him?" Jayden hesitantly asked, which made Carter fearful and start to think. Maybe she was developing a crush on Wyatt. Maybe things were going too fast. Maybe she should've never given him her Instagram.

     Maybe this was all a mistake.

     Carter swallowed the lump in her throat and shook her head as she tried not to cry. "No . . . I can't."

     "Why can't you?" Cordelia asked out of concern. Carter twiddled her thumbs and stared down at her lap, pursing her lips together.

     "I don't know," the ginger sheepishly shrugged, "afraid of getting too attached, I guess."

     "Do you ever think you'll like him?" Quinn asked cautiously as she tried not to hit a nerve. Carter was silent and stayed silent, leaving the question unsaid.

     Eli Oleff continued to eye his younger brother down as they both concentrated playing Mario Cart. Wyatt realized this and got concerned onto why he was staring at him like that. "You good?" Wyatt asked with a chuckle as he focused on the television screen in front of them both.

"I don't know, you tell me," Eli said devilishly, confusing Wyatt and making him uncomfortable. "How's Carter?" The boy froze with fear and his heart fell down to his chest. His eyes were wide and his stomach turned.

"I-I don't know what y-you're talking about," Wyatt coughed out nervously as he tried to brush it off.

"You guys' are so sappy when you both are tired and it's like . . . two a.m.," Eli spoke loudly and clearly. Wyatt choked knowing he was caught. Eli chuckled at the boy becoming flustered. "Do you like this girl?"

Wyatt hitched his breath and sat his controller down, sighing. He leaned back in the chair and pursed his lips together. He was silent, contemplating an answer; any answer. "I don't know," he said unconfidently, licking his lips uncomfortably.

"Does she like you?" Wyatt chuckled at his brother's question and shook his head.

"No, never in a million years."

"Well, do you think you'll ever like her?" Eli asked which made the whole room stop. The curly headed boy froze as he thought about his answer. He opened his mouth to speak, but nothing came out. He furrowed his eyebrows, completely confused with himself and the question.

"L-Let's just finish the game," Wyatt stuttered as he quickly picked his controller back up and refused to look at his brother. Wyatt was silent and stayed silent, leaving the question unsaid.

—————

HEE HEE