Chapter 6

As one obsessed with creeksecrets gossip, Leah is usually the one to spread all the latest news, but this time, it is Abby who first breaks the news about the new play. "It's about a shoemaker trying to save his business. I don't know how Ms. Albright thinks she's going to fill the mostly male cast, but..." she starts, her eyes sparkling. "Our very own Simon Spier is going to be the star of the show!"

Big eyes and surprised expressions are quickly followed by a hearty round of cheers from my friends, but I feel the burning in my cheeks, "No, no, no! Abby exaggerates! She signed me up for that role but there is no way I'm going to get the lead. I'm really not even a good actor."

"You better get it!" Abby's eyes go huge and she blurts out semi-threateningly, "If Simon doesn't get the role of Charlie, Ms. Albright is going to make him play the other lead role -- Lola, the drag queen!"

She just had to go there. I hide my eyes and groan, "Uhh... She might try but so not happening!"

A bit too excited, Leah's mouth falls open in surprise, "There is a drag queen in the play?"

Oh, no. Here goes Leah.

"Yes! He has to wear dresses and thigh-high glittery boots!" Abby giggles. "With stiletto heels!"

"Oh my!" come the cries around the table.

"Has Ms. Albright forgotten we are at Creekwood and not New York?" Nick laughs.

Bram looks amused, even interested, "What's this play called?"

"Kinky Boots!" Abby exclaims. "Because it's all about those sexy red boots!"

"Forget the shoemaker. Si, you have got to play the drag queen!" Leah leans across Bram and pushes me, laughing. 

Nice try. In Leah's dreams, I think. She would do anything to get me to cross dress. Leah was into 'cosplay' -- a lot of her Japanese anime and mangas pushed the envelope with extreme forms of 'costume play.' Guys dressing up as girls with wigs and skirts was a whole thing for them. 

Abby shrieks and covers her open mouth.

"Not a chance!" I say determinedly. "Ms. Albright is going to have to recruit Ethan for that role."

"Simon in a dress," Bram muses playfully. "I can just..."

"NOT see it!" I cut him off, giving him a playful elbow.

But the girls shriek in fits of giggles.

"I'm not cross dressing, so you can get it out of your heads right now," I say firmly.

Leah relents, "Okay, fine! Si is Charlie and Bram is Lola!"

I choke and spit up my coke at the thought of Bram in a dress and thigh-high boots. 

He just laughs at the silliness and sips his water. He doesn't seem bothered by it all. He knows Leah well enough to know it's all in fun.

Nick chuckles too, "Simon's right. It's gonna have to be Ethan. The only guy who could even walk in heels is Ethan."

Our food arrives and we quiet down, but I still hear Leah under her breath say, "I still think Si should play the drag queen."

"Me too," Abby agrees, as the excitement calms down.

I sprawl out, leaning back into my corner seat comfortably, sliding my knee up onto the cushion and my arm across the back of the bench in Bram's direction. My mind drifts away as my friends move on to another subject. The image was implanted in my head and stuck, my thoughts thirstily feasting on Bram's thin legs in sexy red boots that ran up past his knees. And right where the top of those boots reached his thighs, the body-tight red dress would begin. But the skirt would be so high up on his thighs, that I could see...

"Simon?" I hear Leah's voice. "Simon?"

Someone pushes my knee off the bench and when my eyes fly open, I see Bram shift forward between Leah and me, staring down at his plate.

And I realize I'm hard.

"Simon?" Leah calls again, this time shifting to try and look around Bram's shielding body. 

Fuck! Horror fills me. My cheeks are instantly flushed, knowing he saw me, and I instinctively lean into the table, crossing my arms in front of me. Did anyone else notice? How on earth did I let myself get so carried away? "What?!" I barely breathe.

"Earth to Simon," she calls. And when she has my attention, "What do you think? I was thinking I should try out for the play too."

==========

Things should get interesting as people start auditioning and the roles for Kinky Boots start getting filled. Who do you hope will play the shoemaker lead, Charlie? Who would you kill to have play the drag queen Lola?

Also, if I am able to update once a week, what day each week would you like me to publish the new chapter?