RG5: The Slender Man

The door to the room slowly opened and I have to crane my head way up to see the man himself, my best friend's brother, the head of the mansion, the mythical online faceless demon, the fabled 'child eater'.

The SlenderMan.

He had no face unlike SplendorMan, and wore an all black dress suit with a neat tie. He faced down to me and I glare back up at him in silence.

"What's this..." I heard him growl in a deep, dark voice; apparently he spoke through the phenomena of telecommunication. I tried not to smile at him; I know he was supposed to be scary and all but...my humor is probably really fucked up.

"Slender-Brother⁎⁺˳✧༚! I would like to introduce you to the newest member of our Creepypasta family, (Y/N)! You are going to let her stay here, right?" Splendor exclaimed, gawking with a hopeful expression at his faceless sibling.

"I asked you a question, Splendor. Who is this? This best be another killer like the others," The SlenderMan inquired; dark wavy tendril-like appendages began to arise from behind his back which caused me to take a step back. "No....this is the same person I've told you so much about over the years, remember? A very very dear friend of mine and...well, she has unfortunately lost her home, her family, and everything. There is no where else for her to go now, so I brought her here."

The SlenderMan 'glanced' down at me again and I shuffle my legs a bit, already feeling an unhealthy tension between us. "You've lost everything. Truly? What makes you think I would care? Especially when you don't seem to be the type I usually allow under this roof."

...Who said I expected him to care? Honestly at this point I'm just letting Splendor drag me around and whatever happens, happens. I have nothing left to lose. "Freak-accident. My whole house burned down tonight and it took the lives of my family members so...I'm kinda just letting Splendor take me where he wants," I explain, trying not to come across as desperate or anything like that. Though I have always wanted to see the mansion, I'd had the slightest feeling that I wouldn't actually be welcomed here if I ever came.

SlenderMan seemed to only observe me for a while. He folded his slender arms behind his back and faced me with no other movements, nor did he communicate any further. My eyes darted between his facelessness, then the desk that was behind him, then the expensive looking rug that decorated the wooden floors, then back to his facelessness. I was beginning to feel awkward, even though there weren't visibly any eyes 'staring' at me...

SplendorMan eventually rested a hand gently on my head and gave a heavy sigh, looking at SlenderMan with a pleading face. "Please Slendy-Brother, let (Y/N) stay here with us. I promise, (Y/N) won't be a handful like the others. I assure you, she is very pleasantly decent⁎⁺˳✧༚!"

'Heh. When I want to be—'

"Don't plead with me Splendor. Only I will have the final say on wether the girl can stay here or not."

The SlenderMan then rose his head again to his normal height, probably having his fair amount of observation. "Tell me your name again."

"(Y/N) (L/N)."

"Very well. And...what conditions did you come from exactly? How was life before you ended up in this situation?"

"...I lived with my Mom, my Dad, and my brother. I uh, was going to school. I kinda have some problems with anger at times but it's not on my parents or anything, it's just that my emotions are kinda scrambled. Also, my only friend is an 8 foot tall HappyPasta named SplendorMan, so there's that..."

I glance back at SplendorMan and give him a wide grin; in return, he smiles gleefully at me. "Yeah...Splendor's great...thankful for him. And uh, my family was chill. Not many issues there. That pretty much sums up my life," I continue, casting my gaze back to SlenderMan. "There's nothing specific about me that you might be looking for. I'm just an ordinary person that will occasionally fantasize smashing someone's head against a wall—"

I pursue my lips in a weird smile after letting that last part slip. "You didn't hear that last part."

The SlenderMan didn't seem at all phased by my commentary. "(Y/N). There must be something special about you if my brother stuck around with you all of these years. He's never done that for any other child he's come across before. What do you think the reason for this is?"

I crook my head and glance sideways at the ground after he'd said that, deeply thinking about the question. Really, what was the reason that Splendo chose to stay by my side, when he had never done so for others before? What was special about me? What a huge waste to be real hones—

"I'm not sure how to answer that," I shrug my shoulders, glancing back at him once again, "all I know is that I'm grateful to Splendor for being there for me."

SplendorMan placed both his hands on my shoulders and gave SlenderMan a bold stare, "(Y/N) is honored to be in the presence of you, brother⁎⁺˳✧༚. Please allow them, if not forever, only a few months of housing in the mansion. I will personally look after them if—"

"I will allow (Y/N) (L/N) to stay only if she submits to learning the ways of a Creepypasta. The last thing I need are multiple pastas running around, not doing their jobs as killers..."

"Multiple Creepypastas not acting as killers...?" I mutter.

"He's...referring to me, my brother TrenderMan, and this lovely little girl named Sally," SplendorMan whispered to me, "we don't kill people—we do other things instead—for example, I like to spread love and happiness to people⁎⁺˳✧༚!"

"And that is exactly what I will not accept from (Y/N) if she will be staying here," SlenderMan snapped, his strict tone cutting through Splendor's enthusiasm. SlenderMan then turned back to me and clasped his arms together in front of him. "You do understand your new purpose for being here now, don't you (Y/N)? I will not rush you, but in time I do expect to see you growing the traits of a killer. The other inhabitants shall accompany you in your growth."

Become a real killer...is that something I would really do? I never resorted to killing anyone before, of course. I may have hurt my brother a few times, and extensively plotted out the deaths of a few classmates in school in the past. Buuuuut this was a bit different. I'm now being asked to murder people in order to be able to live here...

"I mean. I guess I don't have a choice," I reply, my voice coming out a bit hoarse, "I'll just try and do my best...?"

"As long as you are sure of yourself," SlenderMan replied, "you are then welcomed here in my home. Splendor, I assume you will show (Y/N) the way around, and she will be informed on type of people she will be surrounded by?"

"Absolutely my dear brother. I will be honored to be the one to show (Y/N) the wonderful mansion we call home⁎⁺˳✧༚!" SplendorMan responded, delightedly placing his hands on his hips. He had a triumphant smile on his face which caused me to chuckle just a bit. Looks like we won the inexorable and rigid SlenderMan over, and now I get to live at the mansion with real Creepypastas. Nice?

SlenderMan gave an annoyed sigh, turning away from us and gliding over to his desk. "Everything is settled then. Now leave me be. I will be finished with my duties soon, but do not bother me until I make myself available."

With that, SlenderMan shooed me and Splendor off and the two of us quickly exit the room and shut the door. Splendo turned to me with an excited grin. "Are you as overjoyed as I am that he let you stay? This is gonna be so much fun....just think of all the things we are going to do together⁎⁺˳✧༚! Oh, and I even have some friends of mine that I'd like you to meet—they'll definitely accept you right away—positive!"

He continued to ramble on, his voice a bit shaky for some reason, but I simply nodded to his jabbering with a smile.

"Alrighty Splend-o. I'm a bit excited myself, I have to admit. It'd be nice though if no one else tries to kill me...like Jeff."

"Don't worry yourself about him. Once we inform him that you're here under Slendy-Brother's consent, he might leave you alone⁎⁺˳✧༚! Besides, you have your dandelion of protection, don't you?"

I take a glimpse down and pull the dandelion from my pocket where I had kept it and nodded. "Still got it."

"Great! Then let us go meet everyone else, shall we?"

"...Awwww socializing....?"