RG7: The Trendy Man

"Uncle Splender, New guy, what took you two so long?"

Sally's question was pretty nonchalant despite coming across to me as rather aggressive when me and Splendor had stepped into her bedroom. "Oh nothing Sally dear. Just a little mishap with my Offendy-Brother—(Y/N) got to meet him for the first time!"

Sally turned away from her bear and glared at me and Splendor with furrowed eyebrows. I was really expecting her to make some sort of sass-ridden comment, but instead the ghost girl blinked and refocused back on setting up her little tea party table.

"Okay Uncy, bring the tea stuff and sit down. Uncy you'll sit next to Valorie."

Sally points to the space beside a huge stuffed rabbit she had sitting next to her teddy bear. The purple rabbit looked to have rips and tears in multiple spaces and one of its eyes was taped up with a huge "X" over it. Sally turned to me and snapped her fingers, then pointed at the space next to a smaller, weird stuffed animal. It looked like it had a tiger's head and a cow's body.

"You'll sit next to Ginko."

"My names' (Y/N) by the w—"

"Uncy can you pour the tea out now?"

"Of course my darling child⁎⁺˳✧༚!"

I heave out a loud sigh and slowly waltz over to the spot next to the tiger-cow, hesitantly sitting down.

Once Splendor was done pouring out tea in everyone's cups, the tall man sat down enthusiastically and gently pet Valorie the Rabbit's head, "Looks like we're all set up!"

"Good," Sally clapped her hands together; it was the first time I've heard her voice go above a monotonous, cold tone so it caught me off guard. "now that everything is put together, let's talk Politics! The government is corrupted and they're hiding all the evidence that aliens exist!"

'Oh shit what the hell? I hate politics. What's a lil' kid doing wanting to talk about Politics at a tea party anyways?' I thought, not surprised Sally would bring up something outrageously out of place anyways.

"Hey—um, Sally..." I nervously interrupt the little girl as she had just started snapping about the Canadian Government. She turned on me without a word, and I tried to smile at her, "so...what kind of tea is this...?"

"...I dunno aren't you the one that went to make everything with Uncle Splender?"

She kinda sounded annoyed that I'd interrupted her.

I sigh heavily and slump my shoulders, "Fine never-mind...sorry for interrupting."

"It's [Tea name], (Y/N)."

Oh cool, I actually liked that type of tea. I nod my head at her and slowly pick up my cup, taking a small sip.

Eventually, Sally and Splendo had randomly started up a conversation about different types of bread, and I listen intently for some reason. He and Sally rambled on together like very close friends; it reminded me of how tight me and Splendor were when I was a little kid. Seeing him and Sally conversing now sorta put a smile on my face, but also made me a bit sad as I thought of the good old times...

Of course as I began dwelling of the past, thoughts of my parents came up and then the disaster with the fire replayed in my brain as well. I sat rigid at my seat; my grasp tightened on the cup of tea as I think back to the desolate remains of my old home.

I must have really zoned out at that point, and my absence in attention might have been quite noticeable, because it took both Splendo and Sally to shout out my name before I snapped back to the present reality.