• 115 •

Taehyung was mad worried for his boyfriend, he made over one hundred phone calls and left lots and lots of texts to him, asking him where he was, if he was okay and to call him. Even so, he received nothing back. Standing on a week without proper sleep, Taehyung still didn't give up— he kept looking and trying to find a way to get ahold of his lover up to the point he was willing to tell people that yes, they were in a relationship. Taehyung didn't even speak to anyone during that time, not even his good friend Jimin nor his own family. Wake up, go to class, look for Jungkook, call and text Jungkook, eat and sleep. That was daily routine. Nevertheless, when he spotted Jungkook at their local arcade with his new "friends", he froze. Suddenly, he couldn't feel anything, he didn't know whether he was furious, relieved, or devastated. He was simply numb. He stood and watched Jungkook have fun with his friends, laughing and enjoying himself. Then he thought, maybe all along this is what the other needed. To be happy and surrounded by people who like him. Not to be stuck in some stupid puppy-love relationship with Taehyung— who would want that?

Taehyung wasn't very fun, he wasn't that outgoing and he was basically introverted. He was clingy and annoying. He was always needy of his boyfriend to be with him at all times. Perhaps, Jungkook had enough. Hence, Taehyung acknowledged that. He let Jungkook breathe, he stopped trying to contact him and he resumed his life. Even if it was hard, he tried to go on without having Jungkook by his side. The day he found Jungkook after being missing for days, he believed that Jungkook was sick, that's why he wasn't around— at least that's what people from the younger's classes said. But when he overheard teachers discussing about having to call Jungkook's home because he's been skipping classes and found goofing off and vandalising school property with his new friends, that's when he knew. Everything he believed was a lie. Jungkook wasn't sick, he was trying to get away from him. Jungkook didn't have an emergency, he never wanted to show up. And definitely, Jungkook didn't want to be with him anymore.

So from then on, he broke all his connections with Jungkook, deleted his contact, their pictures and threw away whatever object he owned that reminded him of him. He was going to start fresh, he was going to be stronger, and he was going to show the other what he had lost. And the most dismaying part? Jungkook didn't care.