Chapter 4

Today is August 3rd, 1998. We got one more week before school. And today is not my day, why, I gotta go to this fostter home that they assign me. My brother can't go with me. That really hurt my heart, because I have never went anywhere by myself without him.

I'm on the bed literally throwing tantrums. I'm knocking every little things I have in this little room. Why. Ms. Brown the lady who brought me here came to get me. She had her hand out. I almost bit it off...

"Why my bwother can't go with me. I need whim" I cried. "Sorry sweetie they only want you" she said.

"Man." I shook my head. "Can I ggo hug my bwother."

She smile polite at me. "Yes sure, only 5 minutes so we can go okay, sweetie".

I shook my head yes.

I went looking for my brother in the playground area

"Booyah in y'all face", I can read my brother lip.

"Man you always cheating" a young white boy said.

"How can you cheat in basketball. I never heard of that, yo?" Prince spoke.

I walk up to him and hug him. He was looking at my weird. I couldn't explain it. I just hit him. I look up to him with tear in my eyes.. "I go bye bye" I wave.

Now I got his full attention. "What you mean, sis." You may think I got temper. You thought wrong. His the worst one.

I just walk away without looking back. I don't know if I ever coming back or every see him. It hurt my soul. We twin. Our bond connect and strong.

I can farm him scream for my name. How I know it, because everybody was looking at him. I couldn't look at back or imma cry so hard. MS. Jennifer came over to grab my hand. She knew I was hurt.... I felt my shirt being pull. I knew it was Prince.

I turn around and saw two grown men pulling him back... He maybe small, but his strength is strong for his age....

He was scream top of his lung that I could even hear him. "Princess, Princess, Princess, let me go, let go. Princess!!" Some how he got loose and ran to me.

"Don't go, sis, please. Y'all can't take her without me. She gonna get hurt again. Please" he begging and holding on to me....

I put my head down as the two men grab him from me. MS. Jennifer grab my hand to leave... He was still screaming and fighting to get to me. God, I miss my twin already.