The Coffee Shop

"I hate rain."

"I know. You already said that."

"Then do something."

"It's not my fault that you wanted to have coffee, that too of this shop. Like, seriously? Buy a nescafe, boil some milk then add some sugar. Boom! You have the perfect coffee." said my friend Nabela, sipping from her cappuccino.

Time to show my self defensive skills.

"Only a true coffee lover will know the difference. The sweet smell, that unique taste which melts as soon as your tongue touch it and not to forget that art work they do on their coffee is like adding cherry."

"Woah! Never knew Bella you have such poetic side too. I wonder why you are still single. You'll make a romantic girlfriend." Nabela said in a teasing tone.

"Yeah,yeah. Shut up and let me enjoy my coffee in peace." I said and turned my attention outside.

It was the mid of monsoon. As usual it was raining heavily. People were covered form top to toe in various kinds of rain coats. Some were using umbrella while cursing this bad weather well, maybe. I meant that was what I would do in that situation.

Peacefully I was enjoying my last sips then suddenly a particular person caught my attention

Peacefully I was enjoying my last sips then suddenly a particular person caught my attention. A boy wearing a black shirt and jeans with a height of around 6 feet was hurriedly coming on that direction of this coffee shop where I was in. He was literally jumping like frogs to avoid the muddy water on roads. Finally after entertaining me with his froggy jumps the 6 feet giant reached at the coffee shop.

The bell of the door made a 'ting ting' noise signalling that "Attention soldiers! You have a new customer. You have to make this person also a caffeine addict. Get ready with your weapons." I laughed at my own thoughts. Anyway that male specimen decided to take a seat just near my table. I would be lying if I said I was not interested to see his face.

Nabela was as usual torturing her phone with her furious typing and I was looking for an opportunity to take a sneak peak of that male specimen.

"Hey Bella! Isn't that Ethan form high school?" Nabela asked.

"Huh, What are you talking about?." I asked confusedly.

"That guy beside you is Ethan. Surprisingly he didn't change at all."

Hearing that name many emotions inside began to play Marathon. Just his name was doing this to me now I could not even imagine what would happen if I saw his face. As a result the curiosity to see his face died with a R.I.P sign on it.

"Hey Ethan! Over here." Suddenly Nabela made my worst nightmare true with those 4 words. Ethan turned his attention to us from the magazine he was reading. There was a surprising look on his blue eyes. Those dreamy blue eyes were the first thing that made me fall in love with him, when my teenage hormones were at peaks. I was sure that I was not the first one to get attracted to his blue eyes. Half of the girls were head over heels for him.

"Hey Nabela! It's surprising to see you here." Ethan said and side hugged her.
Since my curiosity died long ago I was just sipping at my coffee quite calmly.

" Come, join us." Nabela said.

"Are you sure? Won't your friend feel awkward?" Ethan asked,looking at me.

"Looks like you didn't recognize her. She is Bella from high school." said Nabela.

After seeing me there was a shocked also a guilt look on his face.
Apart from being my teenage love Ethan was my everything.
My obsession.
My first love.
A big part of my small world but unfortunately it was all one sided.

My love for him was pure but all he did was to humiliate me infront of the whole school.

Why?

Because of my nerdy appearance, not so good grades. That incident made such a deep impact on me that gradually I started to lose all my self confidence. That time my family moved to another city and I decided to change myself. Now I was the new paint brush of my very own canvas which was filled with lots of bright colors.

"Hey." Ethan said and took a sit beside me.

"Hey. Long time,isn't it?"

" Yeah. It is. You never came to school after *cough* you know after that incident." Ethan said with some hesitation.

"Yeah. We moved after that." I said very casually munching at my cookies.

"You won't believe Ethan. Now Bella is such a famous person. She is one of the famous doctors of our country. After some months she in going abroad for an important project and she is going to lead the team. Can you believe it? I'm already excited for her." Said Nabela in an excitement tone.

"Congrats Bella. I'm happy for you."

In response I just gave him a polite smile. Nabela was right he had not changed at all. Those blue eyes were still intimating and dreamy. Sitting this close to him I could smell his sweet perfume. Kind of orangey.

After some time Nabela excused herself to take an important call from her work. There was an awkward silence among us. Maybe it was awkward for him but for the first time I was getting peace at the sound of the rain.

"So Bella I need to tell you something." Etahn said suddenly.

"Go ahead."

"Whatever I did to you at school I'm really sorry for that. I didn't know you'll will take that seriously. I'm sorry."

"Do you know how does it feel to get humiliated that too in front of thousands of students? After that incident my confidence was so low that every time I tried to do something that incident used to make me feel useless. I truly loved you not for your family fame or your reputation. My love for you was pure. I don't think I can forgive you but I don't have any grudges against you. I just can't and I'm sorry for that." I said and got up to leave the coffee shop.

I knew Ethan was truly sorry for what he did but I did not have that much strength to forgive him.

It's not necessary to have a happy ending everytime.Sometimes some bitter endings make us realize,sadness do exist in our life.