Perfect strangers

"Mom. You know very well that I don't want to get married now. Atteast not this early"

"But Tara, ekbar kotha toh bole dekho cheletar sathe (but Tara, at least talk to the guy for once). I'm sure you won't regret it."

"Mom, I'll call you late. I don't think it's the right time to talk about it. Bye"

"But......" I hang up the call without even letting her to complete her words.

Being part of a joint family of Bangladesh where traditions mattered a lot, had many drawbacks.One of them was the bickering of marriage. Recently I got a job with a high pay that most of the people got after years of hard work. Apparently I was only 22 but my family's behavior made me feel like I was over forty and still unmarried. I was sure phupo (father's sister) must had showed mom another so called perfect boy's photo. And as a reaction my mother was calling me since morning to come home early.

Like I was going to do that. Like any other child I loved my parents to death. Specially my mom, my best friend. Being an antisocial I lacked the ability of socializing but I was fortunate that I found a friend in my mother.

Unconsciously I brought the coffee cup near my lips to take a sip. You could label it as a bad habit or an addition but I freaking loved coffee with a lot of sugars and milk. As soon as my tongue touched the sweet mixture I forgot the stress of work and family.

While holding the coffee cup with my left hand ,I took a quick look at the file I was holding with my other hand.

I pressed the elevator button to go down and waited patiently for it to come up. I analyzed the graphs with a mental note to discuss some important points with my superiors later. The elevator's door made a 'ting' noise of its arrival. Without shifting my attention from the papers I started to take steps towards the door. As soon as I entered in the elevator, I ran into a wall and due to the lack of my balancing skills simply I fell into the ground.

"Shit." I heard a curse.

'Since when did our office build a wall in the middle of the elevator? Most importantly how can a wall even talk?'

Pushing my over analyzing mind aside I decided to give attention to my surroundings. My files were neatly scattered on the metal ground of the elevator and my poor coffee cup was lying on the ground with some dripping coffee. But wait where did all my coffee disappear? I was pretty sure I took only 2 or 3 sips.

'Did the wall drink it?'

"If you are done with your analyzing would you mind explaining this?" said a deep voice. More like a male voice.

I snapped my head to the right only to find a Greek god standing in a formal get up. Every features of him was reminding me that he was a perfect model material. Shaking my thoughts away I quickly stood up to face him.

And it was a mistake.

Not only he was looking devilishly handsome but also a very intimateding aura was coming from you. Everything was perfect about him but I wonder why was he wearing this shirt with a huge stain of coffee.

'Is that a new fashion trend? Maybe I'll never understand this this fashion trends.' *sigh*

Hold up weird mind, coffee+stain = coffee stain(I knew) but coffee stain+ spilled coffee (that too mine)= I'm in trouble.

I was just about to say sorry but his next words hurted my ego pretty badly.

"Done eye raping me?" asked the Greek god with a smirk.

'Ouch! My ego hurts.'

"Excuse me?"

"You heard me, girl. You were literally undressing me with your eyes. Don't you have any shame?" Rolling his eyes, he crossed his arms over his chest.